Accountant · CA · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
Hello everyone! As of my post, I am a newbie living in the Orange County Area where I know it is a very expensive market. I have about 25k saved and it was very hard for me to not buy a new car due to my young age but I would love to get started in Real Estate. Flipping sounds more ideal for my area and I have various family members that work in the construction industry. I’ve been reading books, listening to podcasts and taking college courses to expand my knowledge in Real Estate. Flipping houses really sounds like something I would do!
Should I keep expanding my knowledge and saving more money before I really get into Real Estate? I have good credit and only have a car loan that I am almost done paying off. If that is so, any recommendations in good books/courses I should get into?
Any advice is welcome, thank you for taking your time to read my post and answering my questions.
Flipper · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y
@Jacqueline Gomez its sounds like you are definitely headed in the right direction. If you don't absolutely need a new car then don't buy one. I like books, but you can only get so much from reading about something, instead of experiencing it first hand. There are some great meetup group, online right now, that you can get some first hand knowledge. Reach out to other flippers in the area to see if they are willing to introduce you to the industry. Maybe take the courses to get a Real Estate License? You don't have to become an agent, but its a very inexpensive way to learn about Real Estate here in California.
Accountant · CA · Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote
5y
@Joe Homs, thank you for the advice. I think I will start networking with my local flippers in this area. I am having trouble since the COVID restrictions but I will start looking into online groups. The real estate license doesn’t sound like a bad idea, not much to lose and a lot to gain. Thanks again!