Wholesale marketing campaign off the ground

Wholesale marketing campaign off the ground

Real Estate Agent · Newark, NJ · Member since 2011 · 33 posts · 27 votes

Hello All,
Recently my girlfriend and I decided we were going to start a wholesaling business together with the hope that we could earn enough to eventually purchase distressed properties ourselves. Our goal is to help distressed homeowners in our communities, particularly where there are cultural and language barriers present.

We've constructed and begun work on a massive marketing campaign consisting of direct mail, newspaper ads, magazine ads, internet marketing, business cards and pamphlets at local businesses, cold calling, walking around our neighborhoods looking for properties, and word of mouth and bird dogging.

Yesterday we officially started the business by mailing out our first 50 yellow letters. In less than 24 hours we got 2 calls! I called both back but neither was really interested in selling.

Still, the rush of getting those first two leads has really pumped me up. I can't wait to get this really moving. Also, I was surprised that the letters actually work!


Wish us luck!

0Reply
31 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Spartanburg, SC · Member since 2013 · 253 posts · 56 votes
    13y

    Silvio L. Great to hear about your immediate responses! That's a lot better than some!! I wish you added success in the future as well. One question though because I am starting out too; how does the yellow letters process work?

  • Mike D'ArrigoPro Member
    Turn key provider · San Jose, CA · Member since 2010 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Silvio L., I think your enthusiasm is great. The only advice I have is to make sure to design your campaigns so that you can track where your responses are coming from. If you're using all of the media that you mentioned, you'll be spending a lot of money on your marketing and advertising. Some things will work and some won't. Make sure you can tell which are working so you know where to put your marketing dollars.

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Newark, NJ · Member since 2011 · 33 posts · 27 votes
    13y

    Thanks Mike for the reply! Great tip - in fact, I recently downloaded a spreadsheet provided after an RE Webinar that does exactly that! I've started to track the expenses on stamps, envelopes etc. I'm also pretty handy with spreadsheets since my background is in research, so I've made a few marketing analysis tools myself. I'm trying to leverage every skill I have.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.