A Start On My Investing Career & How Can I Improve

A Start On My Investing Career & How Can I Improve

Investor · PA · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 10 votes

Hello BP Community, 

My name is Aldo and I just turned 20 years old last month. I was first introduced into the real estate investing world about five months ago when I attended one of my local REIA meetings. I am based out of Philadelphia and I began with wholesaling (very typical I know). I am to close my first wholesale deal this week. However, during the five months, I was able to find a mentor who does rooming houses. Through him, I am able to learn about raising capital, project-manage, and how to screen tenants. Currently, I have developed a marketing system that helps automate the acquisition aspect, speaking with private investors and how I can build credibility, and transitioning into an agent (taking my exam in 2 weeks). I listened to BP podcast almost everyday, read business books, real estate books, and personal development books everyday. On top of all this, I am in college. I am now actively looking for my first house to flip. I do follow certain criteria and I will find the right house. I have a GC ready to go and understood several avenues one can finance/structure a deal. By writing this post, I want to show the world (especially BP communities) that I will achieve my goals and become successful as an investor.

Now, if anyone has any advice (or criticism) that can help me, that would be greatly appreciated. 

For those who are experienced, what would you have done differently that can push you to another level today?

I hope I can become a motivational and beneficial factor for those who are young/new and are afraid to take action!

0Reply
13 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Newtown, PA · Member since 2018 · 172 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    Hey man!  Very Inspirational post. I am an agent/investor in the city, and its great to see someone so young making big moves.  Let me know if you have any questions or want help finding a deal, i'm always willing to help.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.