Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mike Vu
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Anyone invested in a syndication with Rod Khleif???

Mike Vu
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted

I am curious if anyone has invested in any projects syndicated with Rod Khleif? Good or bad experience? Good or bad investment?

I am considering becoming a passive investor in one of his projects but I wanted to check if anyone had any thoughts or experiences.

Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
Brian Ploszay
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied

I just looked at his website.  The first images of his website did not focus on real estate investments, but materialism.  You see a boat jetting across the bay and then he walks into a luxury house.   And then it pans to a luxury car.   He's selling real estate education, from the looks of his website.  

User Stats

Votes
Mike Vu
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied

@Brian Ploszay he does teaching, podcasts, and boot camps about real estate. But he also has different syndication projects to invest with him.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Lucas Miller
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Front Royal, Va
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Front Royal, Va
Replied

@Mike Vu I've never done a deal with him, i'm focused on syndicating for my own passive investors. 

However, he had a good reputation in the multifamily community. He's an educator and does make money selling education, but like most of the others doing this, he began by doing deals. I wouldn't hesitate to consider it, but the same fundamentals still apply. You need to double check underwriting, conservatively project disposition, and stress test the metrics. Doesn't matter if it's his 10,000th deal or his first, same fundamentals still apply.

Hope this helps!

User Stats

Votes
Ivan Barratt
Professional Services
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Professional Services
  • Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied

I'm in his Mastermind: Multifamily Boardroom. Currently I own a large real estate company and still get some great value out being in his inner circle of real estate operators. 

He's doing the "student army" approach to get deal flow (across the nation) just as many other educators are.  My personal opinion: he's not the only one "doing it right" but he's definitely on the very short list of those that are.

Just my .02

note: I don't participate in his deals. I do my own. Just there to learn from the other big dogs in the room! ;)

User Stats

Votes
Mike Vu
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied

@Lucas Miller. Thank you for your reply.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Vu
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied

@Ivan Barratt I appreciate your input.

User Stats

Votes
Barclay Chan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Lorenzo, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Lorenzo, CA
Replied

@Mike Vu did you end up investing in one of his deals? If so, how is your experience?

User Stats

Votes
Pradeep Shrestha
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied

I would highly caution against investing in any of Rod Khleif's deals. He makes most of his money selling education. I was almost about to join his warrior program but decided against it because of the guy who was super rude and arrogant. 

User Stats

Votes
Kash Jawed
  • Toronto, ON
Votes |
  • Toronto, ON
Replied
Quote from @Pradeep Shrestha:

I would highly caution against investing in any of Rod Khleif's deals. He makes most of his money selling education. I was almost about to join his warrior program but decided against it because of the guy who was super rude and arrogant. 

strange you say that. I am an LP in two of his recent deals. Out of the 5 deals I am LP in, Rod's are giving me the top 2 returns (primarily due to fixed debt) while others, not so much but their returns do get accrued