Im buying fixer uppers with Tenants in them.

Im buying fixer uppers with Tenants in them.

New Orleans, LA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes

First thanks to bigger pockets and all who contribute to this forum the information here is very helpful. long story short I put my business for sale (boat rental in the oil field) and have been looking into investing in rental properties for over a year now. My business finally sold last month and at the same time 2 properties that fit my goals became available. I made a all cash offer and they accepted it. What I didn't originally plan for is that they already have have tenants in them.  They need a little fixing up but over all they are exactly what I'm looking for. I guess my question would be do I attempt to bring the properties around while tenants are in them or should I sit back and let them cash flow and wait until the tenants leave to improve them? The tenants don't complain about the condition of the homes but they really do need some work. (I'm mostly asking about the inside... I already plane on installing new roofs and paint on the outside.)

0Reply
14 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Birmingham, AL · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    I'd wait and upgrade as the tenants moved out. Assuming you plan on holding on to it for a while, I don't see an advantage to doing it while tenants are present which would cause more headache than anything.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.