What are your goals for 2019?

What are your goals for 2019?

Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes

I know that accountability was one of the biggest factors for me being successful in real estate investing (or any business for that matter), and one way I was able to hold myself accountable was to announce my goals publicly on social media and/or to my friends and family. I think it would be cool if we posted our goals for 2019 below, and maybe then we make some connections that will be resources for us to help reach those goals, and also help hold us accountable.

I'll go first -

  • I want my current fix and flip property under contract by the end of February
  • I want to exceed the $100k mark in wholesaling profits by the end of the year
  • I want to sign on 10 new coaching clients in 2019

Now it's your turn. Leave a reply with your goals below and let's all kill it in 2019!

-Brian

12Reply
274 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
7y

This year I'm taking a "break" from acquisitions and focusing on other REI entrepreneurial tasks. The air quotes because I will continue to look and strike if a deal is right, just not setting any goals right now. In fact i only have 2 goals for this year.

By year end 2019, I’ll have:

-100 active members in my REI mastermind group

-10k Members in my closed FB Group 

See this reply in the discussion

138 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
    7y

    This year I'm taking a "break" from acquisitions and focusing on other REI entrepreneurial tasks. The air quotes because I will continue to look and strike if a deal is right, just not setting any goals right now. In fact i only have 2 goals for this year.

    By year end 2019, I’ll have:

    -100 active members in my REI mastermind group

    -10k Members in my closed FB Group 

  • Ayne C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 251 posts · 124 votes
    7y

    I'm a noobie with the following goals. I can only see Q1 clearly the later ones are still fuzzy. If I come across amazing deals on SFH, I might snatch them, but they aren't a goal.

    Q1 Finish current rehabs on SFH and duplex, place tenants and refinance toward the end of March (seasoning period)

    Q2 Take down a fourplex

    Q3 and Q4 save and gear up for a bigger multi in 2020. Might have to do my first 1030 exchange.

  • Ayne C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 251 posts · 124 votes
    7y
    Sorry. My formatting never come across. Urgh. That was supposed to be a list, not a paragraph.
  • Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2013 · 106 posts · 54 votes
    7y
    Deleveraging and saving up for an emergency fund
  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    @Jay Helms Sounds like you've got direction though! Always a great idea to help those following behind you as you become a leader in your field. Good luck to you!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    @Ayne C. Solid goals and timeline! Are the SFH and duplex going to be your first MF investment?

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y

    @Kevin Wang Very smart - can't build a house without the foundation!

  • Ayne C.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 251 posts · 124 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brian Pawl:

    @Ayne C. Solid goals and timeline! Are the SFH and duplex going to be your first MF investment?

    I have 2 former primary residence turn rentals for years. The duplex I bought this year is my first MF endeavor, my first intentional INVESTMENT, my first inherited tenants, and my first BRRR in progress.

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 479 votes
    7y

    @Brian Pawl thanks for sharing your goals! Mine is to continue to grow my syndication business. Did 672 units along with partners and our investors in 2018. Look to do another 500-700 units in 2019. 

  • Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    @Brian Pawl I’m very new to the Real Estate world so my goal is to gain a massive amount of real estate knowledge and put It to use. Starting off with wholesaling to increase my income so that I may be able to invest in properties myself.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Brian Pawl

    Nice I love leaving my goal footprints as well as reading where others are trying to go.

    My 2019 goals.

    I have 2 commercial properties right now that are currently being both tenanted & rehabbed. I hope to have my small property in Ohio (that’s all shinny & new) 100% occupancy by end of Jan. 2 tenants more to go. 🙏🏼

    I hope to finish rehabbing my bigger property in Tennessee by end of feb.

    I would love to buy two more 16+ units this year!!

    I’m closing on a fix & flip this month & hope that our project stays in budget, as well as sells in a timely fashion. (The whole sf market scares me a little right now) but if all goes as planned my partner for this fix & flip and I plan on doing 4 more properties with the same team in New Jersey.

    Lastly I truly hope that all my clients also have extremely successful investments this year so they continue to build their financial freedom & use me over and over again... Not just in doing business together but also in growing together as investors. Bouncing ideas on how to creatively grow our portfolios and experience.

  • Developer · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 161 posts · 134 votes
    7y

    @Brian Pawl great subject! Here are mine:

    -close the 112 unit, 2015 construction property we have under contract in feb

    - break ground on our 168 unit new construction in May

    - get my CCIM accreditation in April

    - take over management for 750 units in feb

    - identify and close on 300 units by year end.

  • Jeff LanghamBusiness Member
    Realtor · Carmel-By-The-Sea, CA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 25 votes
    7y

    Thanks for posting. 

    Here are my 2019 Goals

    1. Refinance my current VA loan into a conventional to free up my entitlement for another future primary residence purchase. So far I've found a 4% 30 year fixed with paying only $915 in points to buy it down.

    2. Complete permitting and rehab of an addition to my primary residence to house hack. We have completed the design phase and are now moving into the permitting phase.

    3. Complete one BRRRR in a cash flow positive position in a forecasted appreciating market. My max all in needs to be $63k (after purchase and rehab). I haven't committed to a specific market yet other than in Abilene Texas which is where we have our sole rental. I'd like to be in a market that I can get about $200 - $300 cash flow at about 10% cash on cash return with forecasted annual appreciation of at least 7%, still researching different markets.

    4. Obtain my RE license. I just completed the required college courses required to take the exam. I plan to begin my exam prepping in the next week.

    5. Network with other like minded investors. My future goal is to get into commercial multi family with short term goals of acquiring at least 10 SFR BRRRR properties and 1031 exchanging them up to MF apartments.

    Jeff Langham, MBA, Realtor®518 Reviews
  • Contractor · Milltown, NJ · Member since 2016 · 297 posts · 213 votes
    7y

    @Raven Armenta

    Good day, because of the locations of your other projects, what brought you to invest in NJ and what markets are you focused on there?

  • Real Estate Agent · Freehold, NJ · Member since 2018 · 115 posts · 49 votes
    7y

    @Brian Pawl

    1. 20 transactions for my first full year as an agent

    2. Minimum 100 calls a day to prospects

    3. Visit one new country

    4. First rental property

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Robert S. Well I found a great whole seller out there who helps over see the project from start to finish. Which is great since I actually live in Los Angeles so I’m putting a lot of faith in other people. 🙏🏼 So we are doing sf fix & flips in New Jersey & Tennessee.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Jeff Langham sounds like a killer year! :)

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Ayne C.:
    Originally posted by @Brian Pawl:

    @Ayne C. Solid goals and timeline! Are the SFH and duplex going to be your first MF investment?

    I have 2 former primary residence turn rentals for years. The duplex I bought this year is my first MF endeavor, my first intentional INVESTMENT, my first inherited tenants, and my first BRRR in progress.

    So you're a seasoned pro! If you ever need any guidance on MF management don't hesitate to reach out - I manage over 3,000 units across 3 states. Although they are larger properties, a lot of the same rules and principles apply.

    Best of luck to you!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Scott Morongell:

    @Brian Pawl thanks for sharing your goals! Mine is to continue to grow my syndication business. Did 672 units along with partners and our investors in 2018. Look to do another 500-700 units in 2019. 

    Sounds like 2018 was a great year, but I'm going to challenge you to break through that 700 unit mark for 2019 :)

    Best of luck and let me know how it goes!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Soncharaye Bradford:

    @Brian Pawl I’m very new to the Real Estate world so my goal is to gain a massive amount of real estate knowledge and put It to use. Starting off with wholesaling to increase my income so that I may be able to invest in properties myself.

    Glad to have you joining the RE investing world! Dallas is a huge investors market and I'm sure you can carve out a great niche for yourself this year.

    If you ever need any guidance as you're starting out don't hesitate to reach out. I remember when I was learning about RE investing, and I know it would have helped to have someone to talk to and bounce ideas or questions off of.

    Best of luck to you in 2019!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Raven Armenta:

    @Brian Pawl

    Nice I love leaving my goal footprints as well as reading where others are trying to go.

    My 2019 goals.

    I have 2 commercial properties right now that are currently being both tenanted & rehabbed. I hope to have my small property in Ohio (that’s all shinny & new) 100% occupancy by end of Jan. 2 tenants more to go. 🙏🏼

    I hope to finish rehabbing my bigger property in Tennessee by end of feb.

    I would love to buy two more 16+ units this year!!

    I’m closing on a fix & flip this month & hope that our project stays in budget, as well as sells in a timely fashion. (The whole sf market scares me a little right now) but if all goes as planned my partner for this fix & flip and I plan on doing 4 more properties with the same team in New Jersey.

    Lastly I truly hope that all my clients also have extremely successful investments this year so they continue to build their financial freedom & use me over and over again... Not just in doing business together but also in growing together as investors. Bouncing ideas on how to creatively grow our portfolios and experience.

    Wow, you've got a lot on your plate! Sounds very exciting to be in your shoes to start this year :)

    Curious as to how you went about finding your partners in all these different states? Are they clients of yours that you then partnered with or did you actively seek out investments in these far away states?

    Best of luck to you in 2019 and keep me updated on the progress of your fix and flip and your MF projects!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Joseph Bramante:

    @Brian Pawl great subject! Here are mine:

    -close the 112 unit, 2015 construction property we have under contract in feb

    - break ground on our 168 unit new construction in May

    - get my CCIM accreditation in April

    - take over management for 750 units in feb

    - identify and close on 300 units by year end.

    Sounds like 2019 is going to be a great year for you!

    Are all these properties located in TX?

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jeff Langham:

    Thanks for posting. 

    Here are my 2019 Goals

    1. Refinance my current VA loan into a conventional to free up my entitlement for another future primary residence purchase. So far I've found a 4% 30 year fixed with paying only $915 in points to buy it down.

    2. Complete permitting and rehab of an addition to my primary residence to house hack. We have completed the design phase and are now moving into the permitting phase.

    3. Complete one BRRRR in a cash flow positive position in a forecasted appreciating market. My max all in needs to be $63k (after purchase and rehab). I haven't committed to a specific market yet other than in Abilene Texas which is where we have our sole rental. I'd like to be in a market that I can get about $200 - $300 cash flow at about 10% cash on cash return with forecasted annual appreciation of at least 7%, still researching different markets.

    4. Obtain my RE license. I just completed the required college courses required to take the exam. I plan to begin my exam prepping in the next week.

    5. Network with other like minded investors. My future goal is to get into commercial multi family with short term goals of acquiring at least 10 SFR BRRRR properties and 1031 exchanging them up to MF apartments.

    The specificity is great - love it! What's your goal with getting your license? More to be a property manager or an actual agent? (Or neither!)

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 68 posts · 47 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Steven McCutcheon:

    @Brian Pawl

    1. 20 transactions for my first full year as an agent

    2. Minimum 100 calls a day to prospects

    3. Visit one new country

    4. First rental property

    I like the personal goal of visiting a new country thrown in there - can't be ALL business ALL of the time, need some time to relax and enjoy life as well! Do you know where you want to go?

  • Contractor · Milltown, NJ · Member since 2016 · 297 posts · 213 votes
    7y

    @Brian Pawl

    Great idea for a thread.

    My first is to to increase my customer base for electrical contracting and consulting.

    My second goal is to begin investing in performing notes and then move after certain experience based milestones are met, move into non-performing notes in foreclosure states with the quickest legal processes.

    My third goal is to spend more time in the OBX, Charlotte and Pinehurst areas of North Carolina since the vast majority of my family lives there.

    I’m a union electrician by day in Jersey City and working for a great contractor, so I will continue using that income to invest in myself and my business.

    Thank you for starting this thread, it’s a gem.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.