New To Real Estate in Harford County Maryland

New To Real Estate in Harford County Maryland

Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP,

I am excited to be a part of this network of incredible people. 

I am looking for advice. I think I would feel more comfortable partnering on a deal with someone. Although I have little cash on hand (most tied up in my business), I do have a lot of experience in rehab/remodeling. I would be interested to get people's opinion on this idea.

I currently own a flooring company and I was wondering if my experience as a contractor could be used on a partnership. As I said before I am eager to get started but nervous to go it alone. Would it be possible to network with experienced investors and offer my skills/trade as a way to get my foot in the door. I do have access to some funds but would it be feasible to offer "sweat equity" and possibly offer my flooring services at cost / free (flooring as my investment)?

I know its all about being creative so I am trying to use what I have to get started sooner

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

0Reply
44 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Charlotte Hall, MD · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 28 votes
8y

Welcome to BP, Shane. Send me a PM if you are interested in chatting.

Rich Carlton

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Havre De Grace, MD · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hi Shane!

    I'm interested in a discussion. Let's chat.


    Zach Zander

  • Real Estate Agent · Charlotte Hall, MD · Member since 2015 · 90 posts · 28 votes
    8y

    Welcome to BP, Shane. Send me a PM if you are interested in chatting.

    Rich Carlton

  • Flipper/Rehabber · North Chevy Chase, MD · Member since 2017 · 29 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Welcome Shane!

    My husband and I started out in hardwood flooring also.  Being in homes is the best way to get a feel for what buyers are looking for so you have valuable knowledge.  And you have experience with project management.  Flipping a house is the same as what you are doing now, there are just more moving parts.

    We have flipped 7 houses in Montgomery County, and work here and in Prince George's.  If you come across any deals in that area I'd be happy to discuss partnering.  The key is to just get started!  I'd add that in a market this tight if you come across a deal MANY experienced investors would be happy to partner.  You would be bringing huge additional value.

    Good luck and keep us informed!  Feel free to PM me.

  • Real Estate Investment Attorney · Kingsville, MD · Member since 2016 · 643 posts · 408 votes
    8y

    @Shane Correll

    Be glad to help you out. I am currently mentoring 11 BP members. Send me some info as I can always use a good flooring guy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.