Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Steven McCaffrey
  • Alpharetta, GA
Votes |
Starting a Rental across the U.S. HELP

Steven McCaffrey
  • Alpharetta, GA
Posted

Hello, 

Let's get to business, I'm a young driven individual who's father moved outside the US and has a property in Las Vegas. I asked my father if I could fix up the house and rent it out so he doesn't have to pay a mortgage and in return I gain any profits including being the landlord and the point-of-contact. If this goes well my father will transfer the house in my name which he still owes roughly 80% of the selling price. I understand this is a great opportunity for me to start my passion in the real-estate market. I'm also excited about the property since Las Vegas is getting two professional teams and the stadiums are about (5-10 miles away). Anyways, the only thing I'm nervous is about being on the other side of the map. Being my first property, I want to be as engaged as possible in the process for the learning aspect and not spend money on someone to do so. Any feedback on managing properties far from your current residence and just great tips for a young(23) year old to consider with this opportunity. 

Thank you, 

Loading replies...