Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
William Kelly
  • Fort Bragg, NC
Votes |
How do I start to talk to real estate agents in my area?

William Kelly
  • Fort Bragg, NC
Posted Jul 29 2017, 03:43
Below is the email I have sent to 3 different real estate agents to see what they say. None of them have responded to me and it's been almost 2 days. Am I being too upfront? Do they know I'm inexperienced? Please help me critique what I should do or How I say things. Anything will help thanks. (Granite at this moment I am out of town so I found these point of contacts online in my area and have emailed them) I will be back in town in 2 weeks to hopefully meet with them. ACTUAL EMAIL: I have sent you the criteria that I am looking for and was hoping there is some way you can setup automatic updates. I have a few questions that I'm hoping you can answer. 1. Can you set me up with automatic alerts so that whenever homes in my criteria comes up I get an automatic email? 2. Do you have a comp spreadsheet of all types of homes so that I will be able to come up with an ARV on my own and not have to bother you with looking up comps? 3. If so I will be back state side in two weeks and was wondering if you could show me fairly quickly how to read comps and compare using the spreadsheet/data. 4. What other good options besides the VA loan are available? 5. Do I need a pre approval letter before we sit down and make offers on properties? I am looking to purchase my first investment property within the next 90 days as long as all the numbers work. Here is the criteria of the homes I am currently seeking for. Town: Hope mills/Fayetteville (the good parts) Neighborhood: Any with a great amount of potential Property Size: 800sqft-1400sqft Lot Size: Any Property Conditions: Ready to rent/Light rehab Number of Units: SFH/Duplex/Triplex/4-Plex Cap Rate: 12% Price Range: 30k-100k A little background about me: I have lived in Fayetteville for the past 5 years and am actively seeking to get invested in real estate. My goal is to obtain a property in the next 90 days as long as the numbers seem fitting. This will be my first purchase and I plan on purchasing more in the future. I am military so I have access to the VA loan. Although I am still learning the ropes I have done my homework on real estate investing. I look forward to listening to your sound advice on what you think I should do. I will have to finance the property so I am hoping you can show me the best route. I look forward to sitting down with you in a couple weeks to discuss further. Very respectfully,

Loading replies...