New to Real Estate · OH/TN/FL · Member since 2016 · 135 posts · 35 votes
Hi lovely BP community!
I'm a newbie investor looking to close on my first deal in the next 3-6 months (fingers crossed). I've been learning a lot here and offline and plan to begin attending local REI meetings. I've seen differing advice on some old threads here on whether new investors should utilize business cards. My question is a bit different: When meeting people involved in REI and especially networking with well seasoned RE investors/professionals, how can you make connections before you have even done your first deal? Would a business card with basic contact information be welcomed or seen as useless? If you are in favor of business cards (particularly for an aspiring buy and hold investor), what should be included? Besides being honest about being a newbie (of course), what tips do you all have for building relationships? As a newbie, I don't necessarily have anything to offer so I'm not sure what the best way to begin the relationships without being seen as a nuisance...
Tax Strategist| National Tax Educator| Accepting New Clients · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
9y
They're $8 on Vista print.
Just get them so you have something to hand them back when you get theirs. A lot of investors I know use an app that scans in and keeps business cards digitally. If you email them 6 months down the road with a deal they'll at least know who you are.
New to Real Estate · OH/TN/FL · Member since 2016 · 135 posts · 35 votes
9y
Thanks @Natalie Kolodij, that makes sense. Any advice on what I should put on the card, since I have no experience yet. Just basic contact information?