Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Mark Forest
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fenton, MI
Votes |
LLC controversy

Mark Forest
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Fenton, MI
Posted

The company entity issue continues to come up on this board as well as my landlord’s association. Here is a site that recommends against an LLC or corp.: http://www.johntreed.com/entity.html

For example it states:
“But in a tort where someone is damaged by your negligence, for example, you can’t say, “You have to sue my corporation.†The tort victim never signed a contract agreeing to that. They were just minding their own busiess when you hurt them. They can hold you responsible.â€

This site makes strong arguments. I am new to this so I just want to get all of your comments.

[NOTE FROM ADMIN - Our legal blogger has posted a direct response to this post that is an important read for anyone concerned about liability. It breaks down all the false info being spread on the subject: Please read:
Piercing the Veil: Holding Owners Liable for the Acts of the Business]

Loading replies...