They accepted my offer! My 1st investment property!

They accepted my offer! My 1st investment property!

Real Estate Investor · Monclova, OH · Member since 2008 · 16 posts · 0 votes

I went through a house about 6 weeks ago that was bank owned and listed at $75k.... needed some work, but could be rehabbed and sold for about a conservative $5k-10k profit. This was going to be my first investment property, so naturally, I was very cautious. I went through my numbers about a hundred times, went to the local home improvements stores and priced things out... I ended up dragging my feet. We went to write the offer for $63k, and the bank had already accepted someone else's offer which was 'substantially higher than the list price.' So I was bummed....

Fast forward to last week... I am checking through the MLS system and the house is back on the market for $75k... it turns out, the financing fell through n the other deal and it was available again. That day, we put in an offer for $64,500... we just found out today they they straight out accepted the offer and we close in 26 days.

I am so pumped up... while this is a big risk and undertaking, I know there is $$ to be made here. I wanted to start off as safe as I could, while still making a decent return. And whatever $$ we make off of this one, I will bank and use towards the next one. I am hoping to do 2 rehabs a year, eventually paying cash for them... and then slowly get in to rentals.

Anyway, before I get too excited, I am going to schedule the house for an inspection... just to make sure that there are no surprises that we don't know about.

Now I just have to start setting up a schedule of what needs to be done, in what order, and by when... and sticking to my budget. I overshot all of my estimates just to cover my butt, just in case.

I've learned a TON from this website and just wanted to thank you all again!

Any advice?!?!?

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2008 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    I don't have any advice it sounds like you covered your bases well. I do have some food for thought.

    Assuming the inspection does not turn up any unforseen suprises, is the deal sweet enough after rehab that you might be able to fatten your war chest 5k, by flipping the property to a rehabber without doing any rehab yourself? If your budget is tight it will earn you some money and save you some holding costs.

    Just a thought. Again congratulations on your FIRST!

    RE FINDIT

  • Real Estate Investor · Monclova, OH · Member since 2008 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    20y

    That's a good though... that never crossed my mind. I will look in to it and see what i can come up with. Thanks for the idea.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.