I have to stick to my guns...

I have to stick to my guns...

Real Estate Investor · Raeford, NC · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 39 votes

After reading many, many post on here, along with blogs etc...Before I ever joined BP I had a business plan that I put together (you can find it here http://www.biggerpockets.com/files “Rental Empire”), and I came up with this plan before I even seen or heard of how these guys on BP were growing their portfolio so fast...

Once I got on BP it was like the Heavens opened up! I was like WOW, there’s tons of people out here doing what I said could be done all along! The problem was, the people I know and talk to on a daily basis are not educated on this stuff and just don’t know…Honestly there were times when I didn’t think it would work, until I got on this website…BP just confirmed that what I was thinking and dreaming of many, many people think just like me…And they are actually doing it!!!

I know a lot of the guys in here like to keep buying and buying and that is great…But I guess growing up in and out of foster homes and boys homes as a kid, there is just something to be said about having your first home paid for, in full…So with that said, after this deployment I will only owe like 10k on my first rental property and I intend on paying it off…

I'll take all that money that I make off of it being rented out along with a little from my primary income each month and throw it on the next investment…I think I may even put that first rental in an LLC. I do this because in the back of my mind I like to say to myself "Chance, worst case scenario if you lost it all you still got that first home and it's paid for in full…"

After paying off that first one I have no issues paying the minimum 20% down and then growing extremely fast buying multiple back to back etc... I guess having a wife and three kids I just want to make sure we have our first one paid for, it helps me sleep better at night and I am less hesitant to pull the trigger on my next investment property…

0Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
12y

Sounds like a good plan, Chance.  Hope all goes well for you.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 499 posts · 206 votes
    12y

    Sounds like a good plan, Chance.  Hope all goes well for you.

  • Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2011 · 166 posts · 31 votes
    12y

    That sounds like a great plan, and at a certain point your banker might not even require the 20% down if you have an LLC and can get commercial loans. Seems like you have a great grasp of what you are wanting to accomplish it and how you can accomplish it. Glad you found this site. Don't listen to anyone that tells you it can't be done.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Chance Cooper  Yes Real estate investing is real and you can do it. It is not easy, but it can be done and lead to financial independence. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.