Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes

Getting into our first house hack

Posted Aug 13 2024, 16:23

Hi everyone,

I’ve been learning about real estate inventing for a couple months but haven’t started yet. I think the best strategy for me and my family would be house hacking.

Currently we have a traditional mortgage on our home that we purchased in 2018. Im handy so we’ve fixed up the house quite a bit on the inside and outside. I haven’t had the house appraised, but I’m guessing we have around 150k in equity. With having young kids and working full time, being able to buy a house that needs mostly cosmetic updates that I can do myself would be easier than buying a property I would have to travel to without the family to work on. 

I’ve thought about selling our current house, using that equity to pay for a single family fixer upper that we’d work on for around a year, and do it again. Except instead of selling the next property, holding it and renting it out. 

If there’s anyone who’s done this strategy It’d be great to hear how it worked out, and how you transition from house to house when you’re holding the previous property you were living in.

Loading replies...