Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jason Khoury
Votes |
Property on Leased Land

Jason Khoury
Posted

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone has any experience with owning property on leased land? 

I understand the concept of it and know that the home will not appreciate as much & lease amount can increase etc.  Just looking for some advice or any thoughts/warnings you guys may have on leased land properties.  The land is on a 20-year lease.

Being in WA state, options are limited in my area and homes prices are somewhat out of reach. If I were to go this route it would be a midterm primary (3-5 years) and then be converted to STR or normal rental property after that. The properties I am looking at are more than affordable for my income and would still allow me to save between 30-40% of my monthly income.

The property would allow for some value add, making it a potential long term BRRRR. I am not sure if renovations for a home on leased land is worth it.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Loading replies...