Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Starting Out

User Stats

Votes
Henrik Arnroed
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
Would you live in the market before you buy?

Henrik Arnroed
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Jul 21 2024, 14:29

Hey all.

I have my eyes set on Atlanta (and eventually a few other areas in GA) to invest in. This will be my first property and I plan on house-hacking (hopefully a multifamily) and applying the MTR strategy. I am currently based in Boston but can move to Atlanta and keep my job from October onwards. The other option, however, is that I can live more or less for free for the rest of the year between a few family members and friends and save that bit of extra cash towards the purchase.

The extra cash could either help me jump on a deal sooner or it could be a buffer/money for potential renovation when I move in. However, the time I could spend in Atlanta before buying might help me avoid headaches by getting to know the market even better than my research.

I currently do not have an investor-friendly agent there, but I do have a real-estate contact here in Boston who lived there for 20 years.

I am interested to hear your thoughts and what you'd do, if you were in my shoes.

Loading replies...