Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
David Shirts
Pro Member
Votes |
Advice on wanting a 2nd property

David Shirts
Pro Member
Posted

Hey! My name is David and I just recently joined the forums and would love to get some advice or suggests on what you would do in my situation. I am new to real estate investing and am open to everything! A little background, I have no experience in real estate other than knowing I wanted financial freedom and I knew this is what I wanted to do. That being said I have tried to figure everything out on my own and its been very challenging. 

Last year, I bought a condo in an area that I knew was being heavily developed and has a big plan for growth. I think I rushed into my property kind of quick because I was scared about owning a property and not messing up. I just moved out of my place to live at home with my parents to save on some more more. My property I knew wasn't going to cash flow but I thought the location and long term apperication was good. Anyways, I lose about $800 a month after my tenants rent is paid. I have cash I want to invest in for a duplex in Ohio around Columbus but am unsure if I should do that while I am under or wait until I can be profitable on my current place? Also, I have no clue on how to invest out of state as well.

I am excited to learn from everyone and just hope to be successful here! Thanks!

Loading replies...