Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Burke K.
Votes |
Fast track to financing and home purchase? Individual scenario.

Burke K.
Posted

Hello guys,

I have a specific situation so I wanted to reach out seeking an advice for fellow members here who might guide me to the right path. I am a finance guy but unfortunately my education is not adapted to the US real estate market and I am little bid confused.

Goal:

Buy a 2-3 family house to do a small rehab and rent afterward. Location: Bergen County, NJ.

My situation is as following:

Moved from Europe to the States 2 years ago.  In Europe we have a family business doing land development. I am not aware of the zoning, don't have enough contacts here so I figured Its better for me to focus and start with renting ideally to get my hand on RE.

Regarding my finances: Last 2 years had some small private biz (1099). Made around 35-40k year (profit).

In February I started a W2 job in property management. Making around 70k a year + realized gains from a stock market portfolio around 18k YTD. I have enough savings to pay the down payment (family supporting me in this venture). I also have 0 debt and good credit score.

My question is if there is a fast track where I would not have to be working 2 years on a w2 in order to be able to get a loan and buy a house? I know there are hard money, and private money lenders, but since it's my first purchase I don't think any of that will work for me. I also know there are side hustles, wholesaling etc, but I am not looking for ideas that will delay the purchase process time wise.

Can anyone share some knowledge or experience tailored to my scenario, if there is a way to purchase a house asap in this case?

To break down the math:

Purchase price expected: 500-600k

Down payment: I am a first time home buyer, but I can go with 15%. 

Looking to finance the rest.

Loading replies...