Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Rowan Klecker
  • Colorado
Votes |
How Should I Start Out at 16 With No Money

Rowan Klecker
  • Colorado
Posted

I am 16 years old and started reading financial books (Rich Dad, Poor DadCashflow Quadrant, etc.) at 15. have 2 index funds set up (one for retirement) and am generally pretty far ahead. I came across rental property investing through Robert Kiyosaki's books and I am currently reading The Book On Rental Property Investing by Brandon Turner. My dad brought my attention to BiggerPockets and I am currently working to learn more about real estate investing. My goal is to get out of high school with one or two single family homes and expand from there. I do not have a job or any income (although I have a job with my dad at his business guaranteed my senior year) but I still am committed to make rental property investing work for me and start before I am out of high school. I am interested what any experienced people have to say about how I can achieve my goal or any other comments/advice! 

Loading replies...