Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Starting Out
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Eric L. Burkes
Pro Member
Votes |
Greetings from Northern Virginia

Eric L. Burkes
Pro Member
Posted

Hi Bigger Pockets Team,

Eric here from Northern Virginia. I am new to real estate investing. I recently retired from the military and now I am ready to start Chapter 2.

The goal is to build long-term wealth. I am more interested in buy & hold properties. I am interested in multi-family and commercial properties.

I have (13 months) remaining on a lease of a townhouse I am currently renting. Afterwards, the plan is to utilize my VA home loan to buy a multi-family property. I thought about breaking the lease but then decided the juice is not worth the squeeze. Meanwhile, I am educating myself on REI and analyzing deals for the next year.

I am looking to find a mentor who has carved a path in multi-family & commercial real estate to help build my confidence and investing skills.

I am also open to finding partners in the area to go in on deals with. Potential locations for my first buy preferably somewhere close to where I reside (Virginia, Maryland, or North Carolina). I have set aside funds for a down payment.

Additionally, I have signed-up for a couple of meet-up events in my area to get any advice and insight.

I hope this intro makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

EB

Loading replies...