Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Goals, Business Plans & Entities
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Phil B.
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
I was told by HUD I need to form a holding company...best way to?

Phil B.
  • Investor
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted

I am under contract on a complex that has a 20 year HAP in place for low income independent seniors. My half of the capital for the purchase is coming from a 1031 exchange. Since I am partnering on this new complex deal, we needed to form 2 LLC's with tenants in common to satisfy the 1031 requirements.

HUD indicated that the HAP would need to be assigned to a single entity, so we'd have to form a holding LLC for the 2. We were planning on forming a holding LLC anyway, since we own 2 multi family properties in separate LLC's on the east coast.

What's the best way to go about forming this holding company? I was told Wyoming was the best place to do this for anonymity and tax benefits. Does anyone have a recommendation for a company that forms holding LLC's in WY and acts as a registered agent? What are the fees associated with this? Thanks

Loading replies...