How do you monitor portfolio for yearly performance?

How do you monitor portfolio for yearly performance?

Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 37 votes

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of properties in multiple states where I do long-term rentals and BRRR strategy. I am working on my year end financial assessment to see how my properties performed for the last year 2021. Can you share any metrics or spreadsheets do you use to see the following?

1. Which properties are doing much better and which are not?

2. How can we say our strategy for ARV and cash flow play is working? What metrics to measure and are there tools and templates for this?

3. I also use multiple property managers who have their own year-to-date and year-end reports? Are there tools that you use to measure your portfolio performance across properties?

4. I also invest in BRRR but have been putting more money as a downpayment. How do we measure BRRR on our properties once we buy and refinance?

Buyan

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y

    I use Xero (because QuickBooks sucks) and review the P&Ls along with ROE and IRR calcs using excel.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    I have an excel sheet and outline the following on it. 

    Value 
    Cost Payoff Equity Rents Mortgage Taxes Insurance Mgmt Fee Date of Purchase Maturity Date Rate 
  • Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 37 votes
    3y

    @Eliott Elias @Mike Dymski Thanks for sharing your views on it. I totally agree ROE , IRR, Equity are cool metrics. Mike, Is it possible for you to share an excel template for ROE and IRR? Eliot, how do you compute Equity and maturity currently?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.