User Stats

Votes
Michelle F.
Votes |
Which Banks/ Credit Unions will do a HELOC on investment property

Michelle F.
Posted Jul 10 2020, 08:47

Hello,

Does anyone know any banks / credit unions that are doing HELOC / equity line of credit on investment properties?

I know First Tech and PenFed are, but they both have a limit of 4 financed investment properties, and I am just over that. I am not eligible for Navy Fed.

I've been researching and have called several other banks, but they all say that aren't doing HELOCs on investment properties.

Property is in Georgia. 

Any banks / credit unions I should try?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 15 2023, 22:36

@Adah N. starting at around 10% on investment properties but they fund you the full amount immediately, so it's not exactly like a traditional HELOC where you use it when you need it.

Overall, good reviews for this product/company, but I prefer the traditional HELOC (although harder to find for investment properties). I called many banks, including some suggested on this thread, and most didn't offer on investment properties anymore, unfortunately.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 17 2023, 11:45

Any one know of any banks that do HELOC on Investment property in second position in northern KY?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Minocchi
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Massillon, OH
Replied Jul 17 2023, 13:13

@Ana Williams there is only one HELOC I know of for investments, but it requires a full draw at closing. No LLCs and only single family. A HELOAN might also be an option - those are closed end seconds.

Barrett Financial Group, L.L.C. Logo
Account Closed
Votes |
Replied Aug 20 2023, 09:06
Quote from @Alina Mitchell:

@Adah N. starting at around 10% on investment properties but they fund you the full amount immediately, so it's not exactly like a traditional HELOC where you use it when you need it.

Overall, good reviews for this product/company, but I prefer the traditional HELOC (although harder to find for investment properties). I called many banks, including some suggested on this thread, and most didn't offer on investment properties anymore, unfortunately.

Which banks did you find loaned a HELOC on an investment/rental property?