Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Out of State Investing
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Fairbanks
  • New to Real Estate
  • Humboldt County
Votes |
Purchasing a South Florida Property

Kyle Fairbanks
  • New to Real Estate
  • Humboldt County
Posted Jun 20 2024, 18:10

Hi all,
Looking at some areas in South Florida for a SFH. Wanted to know your thoughts on the area and then also any connections to certified Real Estate agents in the area as it will most likely be a STR after a year of living in it. Feel free to give any feedback as I am super open. Have a STR in Plano Texas and it is doing good. Please share some insight my Florida brothers and sisters!

User Stats

Votes
Nicole Rutherford
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jun 20 2024, 18:19
Quote from @Kyle Fairbanks:

Hi all,
Looking at some areas in South Florida for a SFH. Wanted to know your thoughts on the area and then also any connections to certified Real Estate agents in the area as it will most likely be a STR after a year of living in it. Feel free to give any feedback as I am super open. Have a STR in Plano Texas and it is doing good. Please share some insight my Florida brothers and sisters!

Hey Kyle! I am a real estate agent in South Florida that specializes in short term rentals 😊 would be happy to set up a call with you and chat!

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Jun 21 2024, 04:23

Hi all,

South FL is still pretty solid for STRs as we still have a very strong tourism base. I am a realtor and investor myself so I can definitely give some guidance. Is there a particular part of south FL you are considering? WPB, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, etc?
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jun 21 2024, 16:21
Quote from @Ray Hage:

Hi all,

South FL is still pretty solid for STRs as we still have a very strong tourism base. I am a realtor and investor myself so I can definitely give some guidance. Is there a particular part of south FL you are considering? WPB, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, etc?

even suburban submarkets are red hot right now in miami like leisure city, homestead, florida city you can still get infill lots one of the last few places in miami dade county right now. rezoning and variances you can do even better. if you are limited on capital ground up construction and land might be something to consider in miami in these submarkets. I posted about one of them today in the classifieds 

User Stats

Votes
Legacy Parker
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boca Raton, FL
Replied Jul 12 2024, 15:34

Hi Kyle, 

South Florida is hot for STR, one of my clients just got theirs up and running in a suburb of West Palm Beach. Even in a suburb they have been at 88% occupancy. Ideally it's nice to be in the hotspots such as WPB, FTL, Miami, but have found that the suburbs have been killing it as well. The advantages to those are that there are less restrictions, less competition and lower purchase price.

Let me know if you want to chat some more!

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Jul 14 2024, 10:22
Quote from @Legacy Parker:

Hi Kyle, 

South Florida is hot for STR, one of my clients just got theirs up and running in a suburb of West Palm Beach. Even in a suburb they have been at 88% occupancy. Ideally it's nice to be in the hotspots such as WPB, FTL, Miami, but have found that the suburbs have been killing it as well. The advantages to those are that there are less restrictions, less competition and lower purchase price.

Let me know if you want to chat some more!

Sometimes the suburbs are even better than the main areas, especially if they are close enough to the popular areas. Usually the property is bigger and can command a good nightly rate. Though, I have found some of the suburbs to be very strict.

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Camerlinck
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Jupiter
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Jupiter
Replied Jul 14 2024, 13:34

Hi Kyle,

I am a real estate agent in Jupiter. I recognized your name from the Discord community I was part of. I love watching your content. Anyways, airbnb is still pretty profitable down in South Florida. I  know a few people who have retired from a few different airbnbs down here in West Palm Beach. I personally do not think you can go wrong in any part of South Florida as long as the numbers work. Nowadays, renters are all about experience. I think living in the house for a year would be beneficial, too, because you would qualify for a lower downpayment, but you would also be able to get it set up yourself while you are living in it to save even more money. If you want to brainstorm together and get my thoughts feel free to give me a call! I am also a real estate agent based out of Jupiter so I can send you some local properties I think might be a good fit for you.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 22 2024, 15:07

I have currently 9 completed waterfront homes furnished and ready for Airbnb on Ft myers beach estero Island.  Will hold a first position must put 65 percent down for 3 years at 5 percent for qualifying buyers.