Skip to content
Out of State Investing

User Stats

Votes
Mohamad Guene
Pro Member
Votes |
Lockbox not requiring WIFI for remote access.

Mohamad Guene
Pro Member
Posted Jun 18 2024, 01:05

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there is a lock box (to put keys inside) that I can buy that doesn't require WIFI at the lock box location. However, I want to be able to change the lock box code or make it so that I can lock it. I want to be able to tell the handyman to give me an estimate and give him the code to the lock box to get the key and then have them put the key back in the lock box. I want to be able to lock the lockbox and or change the code remotely so the handy man can't use it again or just move into the house.

Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Sobilo
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hanover Twp, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hanover Twp, PA
Replied Jun 18 2024, 03:42

@Mohamad Guene, I would solve this problem with the LOCK instead of a lockbox!

I use basic programmable deadbolts. For tenants this is great because I don't have to give them keys and don't need to change locks between tenants just delete the OLD PINs and program new ones for the new tenants. I pair these with doorknobs that are plain with absolutely no lock. So, the deadbolt is the only lock.

Also, they allow me to program SINGLE USE PINs so that I can give one to a handyman to enter but the PIN deletes itself after 1 use!

Amazon Programmable Deadbolt

User Stats

Votes
Mohamad Guene
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 19 2024, 02:26

@Kevin Sobilo Thank you for providing this information. It is very helpful and I will definitely do that.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.