Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Insurance
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Maria Lamb
Votes |
Long term/mid term insurance

Maria Lamb
Posted

I have a 4 plex ready to go. Two units are year round, two are mid term. I have been having a heck of a time finding insurance. My insurance agent tried Allstate but they said all units need to be occupied before they write a policy. I’ve heard terrible things about Obie and Steadily. Proper insurance is crazy expensive. My insurance agent found two others but both required an automatic water turn off at the main valve but it’s physically impossible to put one there. I have my first tenant moving in next week!

User Stats

Votes
Owen Rosen
  • Professional
  • Keego Harbor, MI
Votes |
  • Professional
  • Keego Harbor, MI
Replied
Quote from @Maria Lamb:

I have a 4 plex ready to go. Two units are year round, two are mid term. I have been having a heck of a time finding insurance. My insurance agent tried Allstate but they said all units need to be occupied before they write a policy. I’ve heard terrible things about Obie and Steadily. Proper insurance is crazy expensive. My insurance agent found two others but both required an automatic water turn off at the main valve but it’s physically impossible to put one there. I have my first tenant moving in next week!

What did you hear about Obie and Steadily?

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Letzeiser
  • Chicago, iL
Votes |
  • Chicago, iL
Replied
Quote from @Maria Lamb:

Hi @Maria Lamb! Looks like this was your first post on BP. Welcome to the community! I'm disappointed you've heard terrible things about us at Obie. We've got tens of thousands of happy and satisfied landlords across the US! If you have any specific concerns, I'm always down to chat on them or any other insurance topic!

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.