You may want to reconsider direct mail altogether and start thinking about moving into digital advertising. However, if you must use direct mail, there are two strategies that will give you the best results. One is to send them something directing them to your website where, if you have done a good job, they will convert. The other is to niche down your list so much and send them a mail piece that is ultra-compelling because you know exactly who they are, why they want to sell, what their problem is, how they are feeling emotionally about their problem, and how you will solve their problem. The issue with this direct mail option is that most people won't and can't pinpoint their target customer like that. So what do they do? They send out WE BUY HOUSES postcards and hope for the best lol. When I buy houses, I look at piles of those postcards in my prospects' houses. Why didn't they call them?
I don't know Colby AT ALL... Never seen him before, I have no friggin idea that he is a great wholesaler... but I bet whom ever made him so smart and good looking is even BETTER LOOKING and sexy. because he is right!
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 253 votes
4y
I have sent out out some direct mailings and believe its a numbers game although its probably not inexpensive.A great way to start and build a relationship with follow mailings then a phone and/visit to solidify relationship after five/six monthly mailings.
Flipper/Rehabber · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 73 votes
4y
You may want to reconsider direct mail altogether and start thinking about moving into digital advertising. However, if you must use direct mail, there are two strategies that will give you the best results. One is to send them something directing them to your website where, if you have done a good job, they will convert. The other is to niche down your list so much and send them a mail piece that is ultra-compelling because you know exactly who they are, why they want to sell, what their problem is, how they are feeling emotionally about their problem, and how you will solve their problem. The issue with this direct mail option is that most people won't and can't pinpoint their target customer like that. So what do they do? They send out WE BUY HOUSES postcards and hope for the best lol. When I buy houses, I look at piles of those postcards in my prospects' houses. Why didn't they call them?
You may want to reconsider direct mail altogether and start thinking about moving into digital advertising. However, if you must use direct mail, there are two strategies that will give you the best results. One is to send them something directing them to your website where, if you have done a good job, they will convert. The other is to niche down your list so much and send them a mail piece that is ultra-compelling because you know exactly who they are, why they want to sell, what their problem is, how they are feeling emotionally about their problem, and how you will solve their problem. The issue with this direct mail option is that most people won't and can't pinpoint their target customer like that. So what do they do? They send out WE BUY HOUSES postcards and hope for the best lol. When I buy houses, I look at piles of those postcards in my prospects' houses. Why didn't they call them?
I don't know Colby AT ALL... Never seen him before, I have no friggin idea that he is a great wholesaler... but I bet whom ever made him so smart and good looking is even BETTER LOOKING and sexy. because he is right!
Rental Property Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2017 · 94 posts · 78 votes
4y
Hey Gary! One thing we don't yet know from your post, which is an important part of the overall recipe, is this: "what type of properties do you want to source, and for what type of deal?" For instance, if you want to source fixers for wholesaling, you may choose a different strategy than if you want to buy higher-end properties for long-term holds. Let us know what you're looking to do!