So much time on my hands!

So much time on my hands!

Rental Property Investor · Overbrook Hills, PA · Member since 2019 · 84 posts · 26 votes

I have been checking all up and down the East Coast for what in my mind appears to be a good deal so that I could run the numbers and become more familiar with markets in different areas and learn how to do this. I want to keep doing this for about a year while I save and eventually be able to buy my first property in one year. It occurs to me that when I do find a great deal I have no one to share it with. Is this basically what a wholesaler does? Is there someway I could make a little bit of money to help towards my first property by doing this and sharing it with others? Or would that be considered discourteous in the Group and I should just be freely sharing when I find something ? I want to help but I would also like to help myself forward , just a little, as on disability , I can’t “ earn” much. ( btw.. future rental income is not “earnings” ) . anyone have advice? Not only on if I could somehow make some money from this, but how I would do it?

1Reply
13 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Overbrook Hills, PA · Member since 2019 · 84 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @All just to clarify... I’m not looking to partner yet. Just seems a shame that when I do find something: my only response is “ I wonder if anyone else found this yet. Oh well, let’s run another one”

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    That's not basically what a wholesaler does, that's exactly what a wholesaler does. Theoretically if you find something you can assign the contract for a fee. The East Coast is a big area, and different states have different laws regarding this stuff, so you should make sure you're not breaking any of them. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Overbrook Hills, PA · Member since 2019 · 84 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Nick C. Ohhhhhh. So it’s not like you’re someones assistant. It’s like being an independent contractor! I see.

    Hmmm. Well then.. if in my practicing , I find what could be great for someone: is there a place on bigger pockets to simply share it ??

  • Rental Property Investor · Overbrook Hills, PA · Member since 2019 · 84 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    @Nick C. I wasn’t talking about getting a contract. I’m just running numbers for hours on end every day

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.