Seeking help/advice

Seeking help/advice

Canton, OH · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 0 votes

So... I have spent most of my free time lately learning about wholesaling. I am currently focusing on the role of "bird dogging". If you're not familiar with the term, bird dogging is finding a motivated seller of a property, and passing it on to a buyer to close a deal without being further involved. The reason I am doing this is because I am 16 years old and can not yet legally get involved in any full deals. I am aware I need to be comfortable with my local market, know how to analyze a listing, and have knowledge on how to find these "motivated sellers". I am currently seeking someone who can help me put this into action, and give me any additional information I may need to know. I will be attending my local RE meeting next week to get in touch with some local investors. When I am there, should I not advertise to others that I am looking to be a bird dog? I am looking to get out there and get some experience under my belt, while earning some money, and networking with others. Anyone with proper knowledge; I would greatly appreciate if you reached out to me! Any advice helps. Thanks.

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 269 posts · 31 votes
    10y

    Read and network, definitely attend your local REIA or meet up. This will put you light years ahead of your peers.

  • Boxborough, MA · Member since 2014 · 230 posts · 62 votes
    10y

    I agree wholeheartedly with Roland. Is it your first Meet up? In my experience everyone stands up and introduces themselves and what they do. Bird-dogging is a great way to get your feet wet. Keep us posted. :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.