Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Wholesaling
Account Closed
  • Maryland
Votes |
Is WHOLESALING still viable business to get into in Maryland? I am based in Frederick

Account Closed
  • Maryland
Posted Jun 17 2024, 13:14

Hi everyone. I was away from RE world since COVID hit. Now I am back and was about to get myself started with wholesaling RE. I know it has a bad rep and everyone hates wholesalers, the state, brokers, realtors, you name it. But having researched it thoroughly, I found it to be the best way to venture into RE business. It requires minimum capital, it's doable and it can be profitable if you do it right. However, as well know , there is nothing that nanny state will allow to exist without stifling it. Any opportunity is too good for the law abiding citizen, unless he can bring to table millions of dollars , spend 60 hours on some BS course to acquire a license, to have every breath and sigh controlled, regulated, restricted, obstructed and sabotaged. So, just as could be expected, MD legislature introduced a bill last year that would outlaw the wholesaling. I searched for the similar bill in 2024, but couldn't locate it online. Did they reintroduce it? What is the most current status of another anti-citizen bill proposed by our nanny state? I would love to hear from experienced investors, realtors and attorneys who know about inner workings of MD legislature. What are your thoughts on it? Am I going to waste my time and effort, only to see my venture outlawed by MD in about 6 months to a year?

I would also like to connect with all investor friendly realtors, lenders, accountants, wholesalers and business/asset managers in the area. Hopefully, we can have a brief chat to discover ways we could be useful to each other. 

Best regards,

Eric