Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Wholesaling
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hunter
Votes |
getting leads for wholesaling

Melissa Hunter
Posted

Hi I am wondering if anyone could tell me if title companies are the best way to get leads for wholesaling? and if so could any one recommend a few good title companies.

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez#2 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied

Hey @Melissa Hunter

Title companies will not provide you with seller leads. You will need to obtain seller leads on your own through marketing.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hunter
Votes |
Replied

ok I know a lady who is getting hers from some title companies that is why I was asking about that. 

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez#2 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Replied
Quote from @Melissa Hunter:

ok I know a lady who is getting hers from some title companies that is why I was asking about that. 

She might be referring to transactions that don't reach the closing table due to the buyers' fault, and then they would refer someone they trust to close. You would have to build a solid relationship with the title company by providing a lot of business, for them to be able to refer you to those failed closings.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hunter
Votes |
Replied

ok that makes sense thank you

User Stats

Votes
Francisco Hernandez
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baraboo, WI
Replied
Quote from @Melissa Hunter:

Hi I am wondering if anyone could tell me if title companies are the best way to get leads for wholesaling? and if so could any one recommend a few good title companies.

I don't want to be that guy but I guess I have to be. 

ACTUALLY (insert mansplaining guy here) Plenty of title companies provide pre-foreclosure data but you are gonna have to call a ton of companies and learn how to ask. Usually the person in charge of marketing will do this for you and will add you to a mailing list. HOWEVER not all title companies do this so you will have to call a lot and have a system so that you are systematically going through them. 

Another free resource is the county data. Again, it will take work but it's free.