My lead generation sucks, I need help

My lead generation sucks, I need help

Wholesaler · Columbia, SC · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP fam, I hope everyone is well.

To keep a long story short, I'm struggling getting a consistent steady stream of deals coming in. I have tried many different strategies to find potential investment properties, but they seem to have their faults.

Driving for Dollars- Everyone mentions this is a beginners best friend. Driving around and finding distressed properties is how to get the best list of the most motivated sellers, and is one of the least competitive lists to target. All it takes is time, and starting out you have plenty of it. It sounds perfect, but there are a few things about scaling it:

1) There is a set amount of properties to work with. There are only so many ugly houses in one area before you start running into the same ones. If I drove around and covered my entire service area once, why would I do it again unless 5 years has passed? 

2) It takes forever to find houses. I average finding about 100 houses/12 hours of driving. Sometimes I have really good days where I find 30 houses in an hour or I drive around for 3 hours and find only 5. I've tried automating this and hiring out, which seemed like it could have been promising.


Pulling Lists- I've tried pulling lists before, but it seems like everyone is targeting the same lists. Probate, tax liens, pre-foreclosure, expired listings, etc. In the past, I've pulled lists of thousands of properties, and had them skip traced, specifically through Propstream, and most of the information came back with wrong numbers and other wrong information, like 60% of it. My cold caller even said it was the worst data he's ever seen in 3 years. I feel like I must have done something wrong and want to try again.

Is it Propstream as the skiptracer that's the problem? With the wrong skiptracing info from Propstream, I'm wondering how accurate all the info on Propstream is in general now. Or, is this even more of a numbers game than I'm thinking and really need to call 10,000 leads to get one deal. I just got Batchleads and will use them for information and skiptracing to see if that might be better.

Online Ads- I've used online ads in the past as well, and I used to feel like this could be the most useful lead generation technique as everything is inbound. People clicked your ad because they want to sell their house for cash, they're already interested. No list building, no cold outreach, just warm leads, this sounds perfect. Except it's expensive. I know it will pay for itself, and then some, but I need to know it'll work.

In the past when I did this, I created about 10 different ads on facebook and connected the ads to a cash offer form on my website, ran them, found the best preforming one and scaled it and deleted the others. I spent $140 in one week, $20/day. I got about 120 people total to my cash offer form and not single person filled it out. These people clicked on an ad with a picture of an ugly house and said "Does your house look like this? We'll buy it!" and didn't fill out the cash offer form. I was so confused, so I stopped the campaign. 

I looked into Google PPC ads and Performance max ads, but after spending hours creating my ad, it was going to cost about $65/day to be competitive in my area. I am working with a limited budget, around $800/month, until I get my first deal. I'm a bartender, so I could increase my budget by picking up a few extra shifts a month, but this will cost time. 

I guess I just need some guidance. I'm looking for a lead generation technique that will land me my first deal and is scalable. What am I doing wrong, what could I do better, what are some things I could try?

1Reply
340 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · NC · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 18 votes
2y

We built our business solely off of cold calling Driving For Dollars leads using Deal Machine. We only stopped doing that last year because we were tired of driving for nearly 4 years straight lol. 

But it works. I am living proof. The problem is not your data, the problem is your marketing efforts. Anyone can pull a list or drive for a list, hit it one time, and consider it "exhausted." But the truth is that the data is nowhere near exhausted. You just don't have the proper insight into your data to determine how to get in touch with your prospects. 

We still cold call for 100% of our deals today, and will do about $1M in assignment fees this year. 100% of our deals come from manually pulling our own data. And I'd venture to say that 90-95% of all those deals would qualify as great Driving For Dollars leads based on their physically distressed appearance. 

For those who tell you the only way to wholesale today is to do it with PPC, I would say that's highly incorrect. Sellers don't need to find you first. If you master the ability of finding sellers faster than your competitors when their problems arise, you will consistently win deals. 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    Trying to operate as a “lone wolf” enterprise is hard enough.

    I have no idea how much skill you have or amount of training. 
    Be very clear: you are in the opportunity business and your focus should be on hunting for EQUITY.

    Houses don’t care; people do! Google is “active intent” and unlikely to yield people that you should be targeting:

    These people are those with big problems that they are either not capable or unwilling to solve that you are skilled at resolving.

    Go for the obvious: foreclosure, defaulted taxes and tired landlords, IN THAT ORDER.

    Leave probate and title opportunities for later when you can handle longer timelines between paydays.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y

    It is very sinple.

    Nothing can target motivated selelrs. NOTHING can. The ONLY way to get in touch with them is when THEY find YOU!

    Everyone thinks that foreclosures, tax liens or ANY reason to be in distress implies motivation. That is 100% bollocks! 

    If all these people on these lists were motivated why does it take you 3000 mailers calls or texts to get you one contract signed?

    It is all a lie!

    Stop doing these things and just use common sense and the answer is extremely easy. Focus on credibility, focus on value and construct an accurate avatar of what a motivated seller is, and once you do this the answers will be right in front of you.

  • Jose JacobPro Member
    Investor · 11040 · Member since 2019 · 186 posts · 111 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:

    It is very sinple.

    Nothing can target motivated selelrs. NOTHING can. The ONLY way to get in touch with them is when THEY find YOU!

    Everyone thinks that foreclosures, tax liens or ANY reason to be in distress implies motivation. That is 100% bollocks! 

    If all these people on these lists were motivated why does it take you 3000 mailers calls or texts to get you one contract signed?

    It is all a lie!

    Stop doing these things and just use common sense and the answer is extremely easy. Focus on credibility, focus on value and construct an accurate avatar of what a motivated seller is, and once you do this the answers will be right in front of you.


     He is 100% right.  People's attitude changed how they do business in this internet world.  Who owns a home phone anymore ? Who picks up the phone calls anymore (unless it is their family). Sellers get ton of junk mails and those goes to trash in one sec. Put yourself in their shoes.  How many junk mails you get a day and how many of them you go through ?  

    What you do if you want to find out the near by best restaurant ?  you go to GOOOOOOOOOOGLE.   And how many restaurant mails you get a week...  so many right ?  Did you save any ?  Nope.  That is what i meant.  People's way of doing business changed.  You need to be in Google to be find when sellers looking for you.

    Good Luck 

  • Wholesaler · NC · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 18 votes
    2y

    We built our business solely off of cold calling Driving For Dollars leads using Deal Machine. We only stopped doing that last year because we were tired of driving for nearly 4 years straight lol. 

    But it works. I am living proof. The problem is not your data, the problem is your marketing efforts. Anyone can pull a list or drive for a list, hit it one time, and consider it "exhausted." But the truth is that the data is nowhere near exhausted. You just don't have the proper insight into your data to determine how to get in touch with your prospects. 

    We still cold call for 100% of our deals today, and will do about $1M in assignment fees this year. 100% of our deals come from manually pulling our own data. And I'd venture to say that 90-95% of all those deals would qualify as great Driving For Dollars leads based on their physically distressed appearance. 

    For those who tell you the only way to wholesale today is to do it with PPC, I would say that's highly incorrect. Sellers don't need to find you first. If you master the ability of finding sellers faster than your competitors when their problems arise, you will consistently win deals. 

  • Investor · Bentonville, AR · Member since 2023 · 3 posts · 5 votes
    2y

    I think you have a few options. 

    1. You can keep doing the solo thing and do a ridiculous number of reps to turn over a deal. Eventually, it will happen, but you'll have to grind like a madman.

    2. Go the SEO route and spend the next 6-12 months on keyword research, content, and driving backlinks to your website. At that point, you'll have a digital asset in the right place (Google Page 1) at the right time (when someone desperate is looking for help).

    3. Roll money into paid ads on Facebook or YouTube. But you'll have to get creative to be competitive (no copy/paste ads and images). You'll be competing against agencies working for other investors or big firms.

    4. Stop going after homeowners and start "shaking hands and kissing babies," as my old man used to call it. Politics. Networking. Get into rooms or online spaces with agents, investors, lenders, business owners, landlords, and real estate developers---talk to them, remember their names, and go out for drinks. Eventually, you'll catch wind of a jv opportunity, or someone will clue you in on a deal they need help with. 

    You said you're a bartender? Aren't you talking/listening to people every day? Play to your strengths. It seems to me you're uniquely suited to networking.

    Good luck out there!

  • Jose JacobPro Member
    Investor · 11040 · Member since 2019 · 186 posts · 111 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Josh Wagner:

    We built our business solely off of cold calling Driving For Dollars leads using Deal Machine. We only stopped doing that last year because we were tired of driving for nearly 4 years straight lol. 

    But it works. I am living proof. The problem is not your data, the problem is your marketing efforts. Anyone can pull a list or drive for a list, hit it one time, and consider it "exhausted." But the truth is that the data is nowhere near exhausted. You just don't have the proper insight into your data to determine how to get in touch with your prospects. 

    We still cold call for 100% of our deals today, and will do about $1M in assignment fees this year. 100% of our deals come from manually pulling our own data. And I'd venture to say that 90-95% of all those deals would qualify as great Driving For Dollars leads based on their physically distressed appearance. 

    For those who tell you the only way to wholesale today is to do it with PPC, I would say that's highly incorrect. Sellers don't need to find you first. If you master the ability of finding sellers faster than your competitors when their problems arise, you will consistently win deals. 

     Hello Josh,

    You said you use dealmachine to drive for dollars and cold call 100% of your leads.  At the end, you mentioned that you were tired of driving for almost 4 years.  Yes. Thats where SEO marketing comes in. Once you are on the first page of google, you are there for ever after spending a little effort.  You wont get tired after 4 years. You get tired after while if you follow traditional method. Thats the whole point and you dont get tired if sellers are looking for you on google.  

    BTW I use deal machine too. 

    Good Luck.  

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y

    All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
    Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

    Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
    Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
    The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
    LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.

  • Member since 2021 · 41 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    I have a couple of suggestions:

    1- Someone mentioned networking which is a great suggestion. Have you been to some of your local REI meetups?

    2- Have you created some kind of online presence so people can look you up to see if you are a legit business? This can be a website, google business profile, linkedin, or all of the above. Showing credibility is really important in gaining trust.

  • Jose JacobPro Member
    Investor · 11040 · Member since 2019 · 186 posts · 111 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rick H.:

    All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
    Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

    Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
    Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
    The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
    LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.


     Rick,

    How do you search for these criteria people you mentioned.  Can you pls help

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Rick H.:

    All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
    Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

    Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
    Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
    The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
    LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.


     Actually, that is not misleading at all.

    What I said is extremely accurate. And you really should be aware of some of the things you said that are just not right... 

    First.

    How many mailers do you need to send to any distressed list, to get a deal? 1000, 2000, 3000?

    Let's take 1000. 

    So you need to send 1000 mailers to get one deal yes? That is a 0.1% success rate. This means 99.9% of the people on distressed lists, will say "no" to you.

    Thus, 99.9% of people in some sort of distress will NOT BE MOTIVATED. This is not an opinion. This is factually accurate data.

    So how exactly am I misleading when I tell you, "Thinking that because someone is in distress they are motivated to sell IS bollocks", is as I said, extremely accurate. Know the difference between opinion and data.

    You think that:

    Foreclosure --> motivated --> deal

    Absentee owner --> motivated --> deal

    Probate --> motivated --> deal

    But that is not true.

    Here is what is more accurate:

    Foreclosure + motivated = Potential deal

    Absentee owner + motivated = Potential deal

    Probate + motivated = Potential deal

    Distress does NOT imply motivation. 99.9% of the time, it doesn't!

    Now, please pay close attention.

    I quote:

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life.
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.


    Again I will use logic and common sense to show you.

    You are saying "limit your prospects and go deep". Please everyone .. do NOT do this

    Let me visualize what you are telling others to do.


















    So logically, this doesn't make sense. Now, add to this what I have just proven to you. You can't target motivated sellers, and all these lists you go after that are "distressed homeowners" have a 99.9% probability they are NOT motivated. so you are SERIOUSLY making it DOUBLE harder for yourself to succeed.

    So not only are you telling people to zoom in on a much smaller audience, instead of going after the larger motivated smaller audience,  but also, that smaller audience has a 0.1% chance they are motivated.

    Data. Vs. Opinion.
    Data always wins.

    Understand this my friend:

    I don't need to make 1000 deals to make a few million a year. I do about 10 to 20 deals to make $1M. Without having to chase leads, without having to "narrow down" on leads, without being yelled at.

    Work smarter, not harder!

    Do what you all want. Up to you, but no matter what you decide to do, facts remain truth and opinion is just that, an opinion. Want predictable efficient results? Look for DATA! Not someone's personal opinion.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Rick H.:

    All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
    Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

    Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
    Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
    The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
    LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.


     Actually, that is not misleading at all.

    What I said is extremely accurate. And you really should be aware of some of the things you said that are just not right... 

    First.

    How many mailers do you need to send to any distressed list, to get a deal? 1000, 2000, 3000?

    Let's take 1000. 

    So you need to send 1000 mailers to get one deal yes? That is a 0.1% success rate. This means 99.9% of the people on distressed lists, will say "no" to you.

    Thus, 99.9% of people in some sort of distress will NOT BE MOTIVATED. This is not an opinion. This is factually accurate data.

    So how exactly am I misleading when I tell you, "Thinking that because someone is in distress they are motivated to sell IS bollocks", is as I said, extremely accurate. Know the difference between opinion and data.

    You think that:

    Foreclosure --> motivated --> deal

    Absentee owner --> motivated --> deal

    Probate --> motivated --> deal

    But that is not true.

    Here is what is more accurate:

    Foreclosure + motivated = Potential deal

    Absentee owner + motivated = Potential deal

    Probate + motivated = Potential deal

    Distress does NOT imply motivation. 99.9% of the time, it doesn't!

    Now, please pay close attention.

    I quote:

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life.
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.


    Again I will use logic and common sense to show you.

    You are saying "limit your prospects and go deep". Please everyone .. do NOT do this

    Let me visualize what you are telling others to do.


















    So logically, this doesn't make sense. Now, add to this what I have just proven to you. You can't target motivated sellers, and all these lists you go after that are "distressed homeowners" have a 99.9% probability they are NOT motivated. so you are SERIOUSLY making it DOUBLE harder for yourself to succeed.

    So not only are you telling people to zoom in on a much smaller audience, instead of going after the larger motivated smaller audience,  but also, that smaller audience has a 0.1% chance they are motivated.

    Data. Vs. Opinion.
    Data always wins.

    Understand this my friend:

    I don't need to make 1000 deals to make a few million a year. I do about 10 to 20 deals to make $1M. Without having to chase leads, without having to "narrow down" on leads, without being yelled at.

    Work smarter, not harder!

    Do what you all want. Up to you, but no matter what you decide to do, facts remain truth and opinion is just that, an opinion. Want predictable efficient results? Look for DATA! Not someone's personal opinion.

    Congratulations if you really get 10 to 20 deals a year for $1 million profit.
    On almost any given search, there are page,  after page, after page of Investor websites so obviously, they can’t all be number one.  


  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Rick H.:

    All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
    Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

    Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
    Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
    The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
    LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.


     Actually, that is not misleading at all.

    What I said is extremely accurate. And you really should be aware of some of the things you said that are just not right... 

    First.

    How many mailers do you need to send to any distressed list, to get a deal? 1000, 2000, 3000?

    Let's take 1000. 

    So you need to send 1000 mailers to get one deal yes? That is a 0.1% success rate. This means 99.9% of the people on distressed lists, will say "no" to you.

    Thus, 99.9% of people in some sort of distress will NOT BE MOTIVATED. This is not an opinion. This is factually accurate data.

    So how exactly am I misleading when I tell you, "Thinking that because someone is in distress they are motivated to sell IS bollocks", is as I said, extremely accurate. Know the difference between opinion and data.

    You think that:

    Foreclosure --> motivated --> deal

    Absentee owner --> motivated --> deal

    Probate --> motivated --> deal

    But that is not true.

    Here is what is more accurate:

    Foreclosure + motivated = Potential deal

    Absentee owner + motivated = Potential deal

    Probate + motivated = Potential deal

    Distress does NOT imply motivation. 99.9% of the time, it doesn't!

    Now, please pay close attention.

    I quote:

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life.
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.


    Again I will use logic and common sense to show you.

    You are saying "limit your prospects and go deep". Please everyone .. do NOT do this

    Let me visualize what you are telling others to do.


















    So logically, this doesn't make sense. Now, add to this what I have just proven to you. You can't target motivated sellers, and all these lists you go after that are "distressed homeowners" have a 99.9% probability they are NOT motivated. so you are SERIOUSLY making it DOUBLE harder for yourself to succeed.

    So not only are you telling people to zoom in on a much smaller audience, instead of going after the larger motivated smaller audience,  but also, that smaller audience has a 0.1% chance they are motivated.

    Data. Vs. Opinion.
    Data always wins.

    Understand this my friend:

    I don't need to make 1000 deals to make a few million a year. I do about 10 to 20 deals to make $1M. Without having to chase leads, without having to "narrow down" on leads, without being yelled at.

    Work smarter, not harder!

    Do what you all want. Up to you, but no matter what you decide to do, facts remain truth and opinion is just that, an opinion. Want predictable efficient results? Look for DATA! Not someone's personal opinion.

    Congratulations if you really get 10 to 20 deals a year for $1 million profit.
    On almost any given search, there are page,  after page, after page of Investor websites so obviously, they can’t all be number one.  



     No they can't. Not everyone can be the best. Not everyone can win, not everyone gets the girl. 

    But am I supposed to apologize for having a skill? Are you not going to even try because there can only be one (which is not even the case)

    That doesn't change the fact that what I am saying is correct.

    Do you realize this entire topic has nothing to do with any of this?

    the ONLY thing it has to do with is that most of you do cold calling texting and whatever else you are doing to lists and this gets you a 0.1% success rate.

    That is the issue. No matter how good I am how lucky I am how much only 1 person can rank #1, doesn't make your success rate not 0.1% doing the wrong stuff, right? The fact that not everyone can rank #1 has NOTHING to do why you all defend strategies that have less than a 0.1% success rate.

    As I said. I just give you data. Why is everyone arguing or defending opinions? But does everyone come at me defending wrong strategies with opinions when the data.. YOUR OWN DATA says you are wrong.

    Either way. Do what ever it is you think is good. I will keep doing what the data says makes me millions.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Rick H.:

    All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
    Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

    Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
    Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
    The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
    LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.


     Actually, that is not misleading at all.

    What I said is extremely accurate. And you really should be aware of some of the things you said that are just not right... 

    First.

    How many mailers do you need to send to any distressed list, to get a deal? 1000, 2000, 3000?

    Let's take 1000. 

    So you need to send 1000 mailers to get one deal yes? That is a 0.1% success rate. This means 99.9% of the people on distressed lists, will say "no" to you.

    Thus, 99.9% of people in some sort of distress will NOT BE MOTIVATED. This is not an opinion. This is factually accurate data.

    So how exactly am I misleading when I tell you, "Thinking that because someone is in distress they are motivated to sell IS bollocks", is as I said, extremely accurate. Know the difference between opinion and data.

    You think that:

    Foreclosure --> motivated --> deal

    Absentee owner --> motivated --> deal

    Probate --> motivated --> deal

    But that is not true.

    Here is what is more accurate:

    Foreclosure + motivated = Potential deal

    Absentee owner + motivated = Potential deal

    Probate + motivated = Potential deal

    Distress does NOT imply motivation. 99.9% of the time, it doesn't!

    Now, please pay close attention.

    I quote:

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life.
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.


    Again I will use logic and common sense to show you.

    You are saying "limit your prospects and go deep". Please everyone .. do NOT do this

    Let me visualize what you are telling others to do.


















    So logically, this doesn't make sense. Now, add to this what I have just proven to you. You can't target motivated sellers, and all these lists you go after that are "distressed homeowners" have a 99.9% probability they are NOT motivated. so you are SERIOUSLY making it DOUBLE harder for yourself to succeed.

    So not only are you telling people to zoom in on a much smaller audience, instead of going after the larger motivated smaller audience,  but also, that smaller audience has a 0.1% chance they are motivated.

    Data. Vs. Opinion.
    Data always wins.

    Understand this my friend:

    I don't need to make 1000 deals to make a few million a year. I do about 10 to 20 deals to make $1M. Without having to chase leads, without having to "narrow down" on leads, without being yelled at.

    Work smarter, not harder!

    Do what you all want. Up to you, but no matter what you decide to do, facts remain truth and opinion is just that, an opinion. Want predictable efficient results? Look for DATA! Not someone's personal opinion.

    Congratulations if you really get 10 to 20 deals a year for $1 million profit.
    On almost any given search, there are page,  after page, after page of Investor websites so obviously, they can’t all be number one.  



     No they can't. Not everyone can be the best. Not everyone can win, not everyone gets the girl. 

    But am I supposed to apologize for having a skill? Are you not going to even try because there can only be one (which is not even the case)

    That doesn't change the fact that what I am saying is correct.

    Do you realize this entire topic has nothing to do with any of this?

    the ONLY thing it has to do with is that most of you do cold calling texting and whatever else you are doing to lists and this gets you a 0.1% success rate.

    That is the issue. No matter how good I am how lucky I am how much only 1 person can rank #1, doesn't make your success rate not 0.1% doing the wrong stuff, right? The fact that not everyone can rank #1 has NOTHING to do why you all defend strategies that have less than a 0.1% success rate.

    As I said. I just give you data. Why is everyone arguing or defending opinions? But does everyone come at me defending wrong strategies with opinions when the data.. YOUR OWN DATA says you are wrong.

    Either way. Do what ever it is you think is good. I will keep doing what the data says makes me millions.

    Exactly not everyone can.  Most try and fail. Many spend thousands  upon thousands of dollars and Still fail. You act like you’re sharing a secret with the world when the world already knows about search engine optimization. The world is all trying it at the same time…  
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Rick H.:

    All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
    Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

    Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
    Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
    The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
    LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.


     Actually, that is not misleading at all.

    What I said is extremely accurate. And you really should be aware of some of the things you said that are just not right... 

    First.

    How many mailers do you need to send to any distressed list, to get a deal? 1000, 2000, 3000?

    Let's take 1000. 

    So you need to send 1000 mailers to get one deal yes? That is a 0.1% success rate. This means 99.9% of the people on distressed lists, will say "no" to you.

    Thus, 99.9% of people in some sort of distress will NOT BE MOTIVATED. This is not an opinion. This is factually accurate data.

    So how exactly am I misleading when I tell you, "Thinking that because someone is in distress they are motivated to sell IS bollocks", is as I said, extremely accurate. Know the difference between opinion and data.

    You think that:

    Foreclosure --> motivated --> deal

    Absentee owner --> motivated --> deal

    Probate --> motivated --> deal

    But that is not true.

    Here is what is more accurate:

    Foreclosure + motivated = Potential deal

    Absentee owner + motivated = Potential deal

    Probate + motivated = Potential deal

    Distress does NOT imply motivation. 99.9% of the time, it doesn't!

    Now, please pay close attention.

    I quote:

    I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life.
    In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.


    Again I will use logic and common sense to show you.

    You are saying "limit your prospects and go deep". Please everyone .. do NOT do this

    Let me visualize what you are telling others to do.


















    So logically, this doesn't make sense. Now, add to this what I have just proven to you. You can't target motivated sellers, and all these lists you go after that are "distressed homeowners" have a 99.9% probability they are NOT motivated. so you are SERIOUSLY making it DOUBLE harder for yourself to succeed.

    So not only are you telling people to zoom in on a much smaller audience, instead of going after the larger motivated smaller audience,  but also, that smaller audience has a 0.1% chance they are motivated.

    Data. Vs. Opinion.
    Data always wins.

    Understand this my friend:

    I don't need to make 1000 deals to make a few million a year. I do about 10 to 20 deals to make $1M. Without having to chase leads, without having to "narrow down" on leads, without being yelled at.

    Work smarter, not harder!

    Do what you all want. Up to you, but no matter what you decide to do, facts remain truth and opinion is just that, an opinion. Want predictable efficient results? Look for DATA! Not someone's personal opinion.

    Congratulations if you really get 10 to 20 deals a year for $1 million profit.
    On almost any given search, there are page,  after page, after page of Investor websites so obviously, they can’t all be number one.  



     No they can't. Not everyone can be the best. Not everyone can win, not everyone gets the girl. 

    But am I supposed to apologize for having a skill? Are you not going to even try because there can only be one (which is not even the case)

    That doesn't change the fact that what I am saying is correct.

    Do you realize this entire topic has nothing to do with any of this?

    the ONLY thing it has to do with is that most of you do cold calling texting and whatever else you are doing to lists and this gets you a 0.1% success rate.

    That is the issue. No matter how good I am how lucky I am how much only 1 person can rank #1, doesn't make your success rate not 0.1% doing the wrong stuff, right? The fact that not everyone can rank #1 has NOTHING to do why you all defend strategies that have less than a 0.1% success rate.

    As I said. I just give you data. Why is everyone arguing or defending opinions? But does everyone come at me defending wrong strategies with opinions when the data.. YOUR OWN DATA says you are wrong.

    Either way. Do what ever it is you think is good. I will keep doing what the data says makes me millions.

    Exactly not everyone can.  Most try and fail. Many spend thousands  upon thousands of dollars and Still fail. You act like you’re sharing a secret with the world when the world already knows about search engine optimization. The world is all trying it at the same time…  

     Hey Joe. Why are you angry?

    Yes, I am sharing a secret with the world. First, many people don't even know what SEO is. Because of all these gurus out there everyone still thinks DMM and SMS is the only way. Because of all these opinions on BP "wholesaling" has a horrible reputation. So excuse me if I am taking effort to educate the people on how to do this correctly. honestly with integrity and transparency.



    Are you pissed at me because it is expensive? Well, it isn't. I did it for free.

    Like Jimmy Hendrix once said.

    Hey Joe,

    There is no need for this. Why don't you just ignore all my teachings and just keep on sending mailers? You responding to my post solely soley to try overly hard to be negative on an otherwise educational post is just odd to me. You complaining to me that the strategy that actually makes sense is difficult is pointless don't you think? If you don't like doing it the logical smart way and you rather pick systems with a 0.1% success rate go for it, man. Kind of ridiculous to complain to me that it is difficult or expensive. 

    And btw...

    I make it sound like it is easy? Well... maybe it is?

    I make it sound like it is easy?

    Not sure about that but I can tell you this. It is a HECK of a lot easier when everyone else does it wrong and you are the only one in your market doing it right.

    So I ask again Mr. Joe. Why are you really upset here, because I fail to see where this is coming from.

    Just ignore this post if you don't like to deal with facts.

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @ Jerryll Noorden. you never mentioned the obvious: how will distressed sellers come to you? By advertising, targeting distressed sellers/properties. Which this post is about.

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @ Rick H. Thanks. This makes sense, as these homeowners should be highly motivated. Can you disclose your specific marketing strategies? I tried everything and failed. Nobody answers their phone; the phone carriers recently made it extremely difficult to send bulk texts; Facebook only allows me to communicate with a bot; I spent 5k on Bing PPC ads and had no sales. My ad content is persuasive, as I'm generating plenty of leads. I also know how to wholesale. So, what advertising mediums do you utilize? Thanks.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joseph Hernandez:

    @ Jerryll Noorden. you never mentioned the obvious: how will distressed sellers come to you? By advertising, targeting distressed sellers/properties. Which this post is about.


     Good question 

    First. I am NOT Looking for distressed sellers. I am looking for MOTIVATED sellers. BIG difference!Distressed means NOTHING. Motivation is what gets you contracts signed. Not destress.

    SECOND.

    When was the last time you went to the library to find a book on a problem you were dealing with?

    How about how to write a light switch? When you have a rash on your eye one morning you woke up after a night of drinking? When you drive on your Sunday morning ride with your family and your boy says "I want ICECREAM".

    Do you go to the library?

    Do you call your mom? Your dad? Your brother? Your neighbor?

    You go to Google yes? You resort to internet.

    Here is a little secret for you... ready? (whispering voice activated): you are not the only one!

    I never mentioned the obvious... because I thought it was obvious. See what I did there? :)

    On a serios note, Joseph consider this.

    When your boy yells that he wants icecream, and you whip out your phone and say "find me the neares icecream place". 

    Google returns all th eparlors near you and you pick one and you go there and you entered their store.

    Did that icecream parlor pay any money to get yo uin? No. Did they lift a finger to get you in their store? NO!

    What does this mean.

    YOU were READY for icecream. You were in the market for icecream NOW!

    You were not some prospect someone sent a DMM mailer to that may, maybe eventually perhaps be ready for ice cream in the near future. NO you are ready to BUY NOW!

    What does this mean?

    PER DEFINITION motivated seller leads  ARE FREE!

    If you need to PAY money to get a lead per DEFINITION it is 99.9% probable that that lead is a bad lead!

    Why?

    Because if they WERE good leads,  and ready NOW, they would take it upon themselves to find a solution to their issue, like you finding an icecream store and buying that icecream.

    If you need to chase someone or pay to to reach someone, they are often times bad leads . Why?

    Well because if they WERE good leads, you wouldn't need to chase them. They on their own woudl find a solution to their problem.

    Do you all start to see the simple basic obvious logic in lead generation?

    Do you start to see why DMM cold claling, SMS,  is friggin REDICULOUS

    You go out of your way and pay money to find BAD prospects.

    Per definition, good leads are FACTUALLY free. If they are not free it is most likely a bad lead.

    This is the logic, this is data, this is truth.

    Case study?

    well:

    Every single one of these leads are free. Meaning... MOTIVATED. They took it upon themself to find a solution to their problem. Which means they are ready NOW to buy that ice cream.

    Get it?

    I am not selling opinions here. This is so stupid obvious and it is mindboggling to me that people don't realize this when they themselves do exactly this. YOU go to the internet when you have an issue yes? When you want information yes? When you need ANYTHING yes? When you want Icecream yes?

    OK then. I fail to see the issue!

    So here is your answer everyone.

    Marketing is about ONE concept.

    Sending the right message to the right audience. That's it.

    If your message is "I have food", your audience better be starving!

    If you are sending 3000 messages (mailers calls or texts), to get a 0.1% success rate... isn't it obvious you are not sending the right message to the right audience?

    Well lets troubleshoot.

    So either your message is wrong, or your audience is wrong. (or both are wrong).

    But guess what. Your message is not wrong. Your message is "I offer cash for houses". That is your message, your business, your modiel, your product , your service. That is not going to change.

    Conclusion? 

    Your AUDIENCE is wrong.

    Foreclosures, absentee owners, probates, job loss, water shot-off, death, divorce, tax liens, 

    ALL WRONG AUDIENCES. Not opinion. DATA.

    Now you can argue with me all you want. You can try to "win an argument" with me all you want. You can try to defend your ego all you want, but gang.. it doesn't matter what you do or say,  what I present to you is data. Your opinions can't touch me. You can never win this debate because I have data and you don't! You come with opinions. You can't win! Stop fighting it and start accepting it. That is the fastest way to become successful!

    Here is your answer:

    You can't target motivated sellers. Nothing can.

    So you need to make it extremaly easy for them , to find you!

    Right message, right audience!

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @ Jerryll Noorden. Fair enough. You are correct with everything you said. However, allow me to play devil's advocate. Why do large corporations spend billions every year in outbound advertising (e.g. tv, radio, etc)? I don't know why, but I never thought about what you mentioned about how people contact businesses as opposed to businesses contacting prospects. I recall never getting a telemarketing or text solicitation from a large corporation. So you are correct. However, I spent $3,000 using Bing PPC and made no sales. My message was persuasive, but all the leads were tire kickers. My situation is the same as the OP's, I tried everything, but no sales. I have funds for marketing, I just can't find an effective marketing channel. Based on your advice, there's three possible channels: Google my Business, Google PPC ads and SEO. Google my Business probably has a low reach, Google PPC ads probably will be the same results as Bing and SEO will take a long time before I see results. Any suggestions? TIA.   

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @ Jerryll Noorden. The more I read, the more convinced I am that Google/SEO is the best long-term strategy for getting quality, consistent leads. I read a lot of comments in FB wholesaling groups. The vast majority of wholesalers struggle big time getting a deal. 

    By far, telemarketing and texting are the two most used and abused mediums. Here are two huge problems that you never mentioned: One, both telemarketing and texting are illegal if you don't obtain express written permission from every homeowner that you contact. 

    From reading 1,000's of FB posts, I know about 99%-100% of wholesalers don't get express permission to solicit them. It's virtually impossible. Moreover, the fines are tens of thousands of dollars for EVERY call or message. You don't need a calculator to do the math. It'll put any small or mid size wholesaler out of business. 

    I tried telemarketing and got a horrible response rate. Everyone looks at their caller ID. If they don't recognize the number, they don't answer (or cuss you out). Recently, the mobile phone carriers requires individuals and companies to get registered or all texts will be blocked. They also implemented very strict rules. It's extremely hard to bypass their filters. Mass texting is now a thing of the past.

    Purchasing leads is a poor option. The same lead is distributed to every other wholesaler. With FB ads, you spend half a day weeding out tire kickers. Old school methods such as bandit signs are dead and illegal in many areas. I just performed a Google search and there are plenty of wholesalers, which means it's a very viable medium. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joseph Hernandez:

    @ Jerryll Noorden. Fair enough. You are correct with everything you said. However, allow me to play devil's advocate. Why do large corporations spend billions every year in outbound advertising (e.g. tv, radio, etc)? I don't know why, but I never thought about what you mentioned about how people contact businesses as opposed to businesses contacting prospects. I recall never getting a telemarketing or text solicitation from a large corporation. So you are correct. However, I spent $3,000 using Bing PPC and made no sales. My message was persuasive, but all the leads were tire kickers. My situation is the same as the OP's, I tried everything, but no sales. I have funds for marketing, I just can't find an effective marketing channel. Based on your advice, there's three possible channels: Google my Business, Google PPC ads and SEO. Google my Business probably has a low reach, Google PPC ads probably will be the same results as Bing and SEO will take a long time before I see results. Any suggestions? TIA.   


     I am really sorry to hear about your troubles. I think I can help man.

    First, let me correct a few things you said, and then I will give you a possible solution.

    So listen. You say "then" why do corporations spend billions on outboud.

    So first, don't say "then" as if it is contradicting proof.

    You SHOULD do ads.. but like you said TV. Radio etc. etc. You don't see Nike cold calling people to buy their shoes right?

    I didn't say outbound marketing is bad. I said, "nothing can target motivated sellers".

    See, inbound marketing takes time and no one can promise you will rank #1 and in what timeline. Are companies supposed to wait, hope, and pray that they become #1 so they can finally run their businesses and make money? No

    Longtern marketing, and shorterm marketing.

    You need to do them both if you want to make money immediately right now. Pay attention to the next slide.

    Each one, outbound marketing and inbound marketing have its strengths and weaknesses.

    BUT, when you combine them, together, you get a very powerful marketing system.

    Basically. Outbound marketing (THE RIGHT WAY) gets you money in NOW, while you work on inbound marketing.  When in time the inbound marketing finally sets in, you can either stop the outbound marketing and enjoy 100% free motivated seller leads on autopilot without lifting a finger... OR, you keep doing them both.

    As for me.. I get way too many inbound leads I can't get to them all so it is useless for me to do both.

    And this is why large corporations DO outbound marketing... but they don't ONLY do outbound marketing. They try inbound too. The problem is.. they too large of a corporation to care how it is done the right way. They hire the most expensive SEO companies and assume they are good. I could beat Nike with my eyes closed ranking #1 on Google if I decided to open up a shoe store.

    So to recap, they do both. 

    Now let me address why you may not be getting results.

    You say, your message is persuasive.

    Let me ask you something.

    If Nike sells shoes but their ads that are VERY persuasive reach audiences without any legs, will they sell their shoes? No. Persuasion means absolutely nothing here.

    Again Message resonance is not the same as message persuasion.

    There is no way to see this, or interpret this .. it is very black and white. Right audience, right message.

    So I promise you, the reason you are not seeing success is that you approach the wrong audience. You are not reaching motivated sellers.

    What are motivated sellers.

    A motivated seller is not someone that want to, needs to , or has to sell their house. A motivated seller is anyone willing to sell their house below market value. You are not targeting those people.  Well how the hell do you target them then? As I said.. YOU CAN'T!! Nothing can target these people.

    So what do you do?

    Lets stack PPC up against FB ads.

    PPC is intention based right? People do a search for a keyword and your PPC ad comes up.

    Here is the problem with this.  YOU or whom ever manages your PPC campaigns still decided what your ads shows up for. So if your guy enters keywords like "foreclosures an dabsentee ownere or even "sell your house fast for cash". you are NOT attracthing the right audiednce right?

    None of these keywords imply they are willing to sell below market value. Sell your house fast for cash?

    Do you think ANYONE on the MLS won't be attracted to that phrase? EVERYONE wants to sell their house fast for cash. This doesn't imply they are willing to sell below market valiue. That is why I say... PPC is not bad. People that DO PPC don't understand motivated selelrs, and conversion principles and then they just label PPC to be "bad" while it is they are just suck!

    That said.

    Let's look at FB ads

    Let me ask you something.

    What did you have to eat the last Sunday of Feb in 1998?

    You don't know do you. Do you know who does? FACEBOOK.

    Facebook knows who you like, who you hate, who you have a secret crush on, what your favorite food is, what your fav music, restaurant and dish is.

    Facebook knows you more accurately than you know yourself.

    Facebook knows audiences!!

    What is the key to marketing again? Right message, right audience.

    Well, your message is set, that doesn't change, so in other words, cracking the outbound marketing code is child's play. There LITERALLY is only one option left. Your AUDIENCE.

    So Facebook is the key!

    Then I could go into detail about what the secrets to marketing is on FB but I am actually building a free course for ALL of you on this so you all have to just be patient.

    And no,  I don't agree with "3 possible channels".

    Here are the possibilities that I woudl "approve".

    Youtube ads, Instagram ads, Facebook ads, Tik Tok ads, PPC, SEO.

    I favor SEO obviously (inbound), and then Facebook (outbound).

    here are my results for running ads for one of my businesses.

    Running Facebook ads with an expert understanding what and who my audiences are and then writing my ads that 100% resonate with them, gets me between $50K and $100K/week in profits.

    Here is my advice.

    Just think. use logic, and use data to make decisions, NEVER listen to people's mere opinions.

    What I am telling you all is 100% accurate and correct. That is why I am able to back every claim up with actual evidence. This is not just all talk. This is data! 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joseph Hernandez:

    By far, telemarketing and texting are the two most used and abused mediums. Here are two huge problems that you never mentioned: One, both telemarketing and texting are illegal if you don't obtain express written permission from every homeowner that you contact. 


     The reason why I don't use that point to invalidate that kind of marketing is because although you are absolutely correct, even so, it is not even relevant.

    Because EVEN if it were legal, still doesn't matter because it STILL doesn't work. All I am debating is the FACT that those methods can't target motivated sellers.

    People then post elaborate posts here in the forums, why they are not successful, but them.. get this...

    they pick and choose which answer to believe. Most skip and ignore my answers and then say "thank you" to the guy who says " if your DMM is not working, it means you didn't do it enough, do more, stay consisten".

    I mean it is so friggin retarded. A strategy doesn't work? OK do more of it. Stay consistent.

    Sorry but they deserve to crash and burn. People need to stop seeing what they WANT to see, and start respecting actual data.

    I am glad at least one person (you) is starting to get it!

  • Member since 2023 · 164 posts · 15 votes
    2y

    @Jerryll Noorden. Thanks for the advice. I really do appreciate it. I think I will advertise on You Tube and Tik Tok. Can I use organic marketing instead of paid? Just curious, you use the word "data" a lot. Wouldn't a better word be "facts"? 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joseph Hernandez:

    @Jerryll Noorden. Thanks for the advice. I really do appreciate it. I think I will advertise on You Tube and Tik Tok. Can I use organic marketing instead of paid? Just curious, you use the word "data" a lot. Wouldn't a better word be "facts"? 


     "facts" according to who? According to Russia, we are all infidels.  To them these are facts.

    if I tell you that something is a fact, that is still questionable. A lot of people say that it is a fact that DMM is awesome.

    But if I say the data says that DMM is awesome, now I can disprove it.  I can use comparable evidence (data) to show prove or disprove a fact truly is a fact or not.

    So it is more accurate/scientific.

    But let me stop you there.

    Do NOT run any paid ads unless you have a "jerryll" approved website. If your website doesn't convert inbound traffic into leads no matter how good your ad is, it is useless.

    Yes, you can absolutely use organic marketing.

    In fact, the way you SHOULD do it is to grow your social media pages with organic value first (without specifically a call to action to win a lead). Just provide value. That makes you credible and an authority.

    Don't run any ads until you have at least a few weeks worth of helpful value on your pages.

  • Investor · Minneapolis · Member since 2023 · 265 posts · 162 votes
    2y

    Hi,  I'd say to get a basic website up with high-performance landing page copy, a blog and some clear call to action button. Make sure it loads in under 2 seconds.  For every 2 seconds of waiting to load, you lose 20% of your visitors.  Then ensure people can tell who you are, what you do and how to reach you within 3 seconds...or else they'll leave the page.  

    SEO isn't hard to start.  Study the keyword performance at trends.google.com or semrush, and use the highest ranking keywords in your blog.  Get Google analytics on your website (tons of tutorials online) so you can analyze your traffic and attract the right avatar.

    More pointers available if you like. 

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Joseph Hernandez:

    @ Jerryll Noorden. Fair enough. You are correct with everything you said. However, allow me to play devil's advocate. Why do large corporations spend billions every year in outbound advertising (e.g. tv, radio, etc)? I don't know why, but I never thought about what you mentioned about how people contact businesses as opposed to businesses contacting prospects. I recall never getting a telemarketing or text solicitation from a large corporation. So you are correct. However, I spent $3,000 using Bing PPC and made no sales. My message was persuasive, but all the leads were tire kickers. My situation is the same as the OP's, I tried everything, but no sales. I have funds for marketing, I just can't find an effective marketing channel. Based on your advice, there's three possible channels: Google my Business, Google PPC ads and SEO. Google my Business probably has a low reach, Google PPC ads probably will be the same results as Bing and SEO will take a long time before I see results. Any suggestions? TIA.   


     I am really sorry to hear about your troubles. I think I can help man.

    First, let me correct a few things you said, and then I will give you a possible solution.

    So listen. You say "then" why do corporations spend billions on outboud.

    So first, don't say "then" as if it is contradicting proof.

    You SHOULD do ads.. but like you said TV. Radio etc. etc. You don't see Nike cold calling people to buy their shoes right?

    I didn't say outbound marketing is bad. I said, "nothing can target motivated sellers".

    See, inbound marketing takes time and no one can promise you will rank #1 and in what timeline. Are companies supposed to wait, hope, and pray that they become #1 so they can finally run their businesses and make money? No

    Longtern marketing, and shorterm marketing.

    You need to do them both if you want to make money immediately right now. Pay attention to the next slide.

    Each one, outbound marketing and inbound marketing have its strengths and weaknesses.

    BUT, when you combine them, together, you get a very powerful marketing system.

    Basically. Outbound marketing (THE RIGHT WAY) gets you money in NOW, while you work on inbound marketing.  When in time the inbound marketing finally sets in, you can either stop the outbound marketing and enjoy 100% free motivated seller leads on autopilot without lifting a finger... OR, you keep doing them both.

    As for me.. I get way too many inbound leads I can't get to them all so it is useless for me to do both.

    And this is why large corporations DO outbound marketing... but they don't ONLY do outbound marketing. They try inbound too. The problem is.. they too large of a corporation to care how it is done the right way. They hire the most expensive SEO companies and assume they are good. I could beat Nike with my eyes closed ranking #1 on Google if I decided to open up a shoe store.

    So to recap, they do both. 

    Now let me address why you may not be getting results.

    You say, your message is persuasive.

    Let me ask you something.

    If Nike sells shoes but their ads that are VERY persuasive reach audiences without any legs, will they sell their shoes? No. Persuasion means absolutely nothing here.

    Again Message resonance is not the same as message persuasion.

    There is no way to see this, or interpret this .. it is very black and white. Right audience, right message.

    So I promise you, the reason you are not seeing success is that you approach the wrong audience. You are not reaching motivated sellers.

    What are motivated sellers.

    A motivated seller is not someone that want to, needs to , or has to sell their house. A motivated seller is anyone willing to sell their house below market value. You are not targeting those people.  Well how the hell do you target them then? As I said.. YOU CAN'T!! Nothing can target these people.

    So what do you do?

    Lets stack PPC up against FB ads.

    PPC is intention based right? People do a search for a keyword and your PPC ad comes up.

    Here is the problem with this.  YOU or whom ever manages your PPC campaigns still decided what your ads shows up for. So if your guy enters keywords like "foreclosures an dabsentee ownere or even "sell your house fast for cash". you are NOT attracthing the right audiednce right?

    None of these keywords imply they are willing to sell below market value. Sell your house fast for cash?

    Do you think ANYONE on the MLS won't be attracted to that phrase? EVERYONE wants to sell their house fast for cash. This doesn't imply they are willing to sell below market valiue. That is why I say... PPC is not bad. People that DO PPC don't understand motivated selelrs, and conversion principles and then they just label PPC to be "bad" while it is they are just suck!

    That said.

    Let's look at FB ads

    Let me ask you something.

    What did you have to eat the last Sunday of Feb in 1998?

    You don't know do you. Do you know who does? FACEBOOK.

    Facebook knows who you like, who you hate, who you have a secret crush on, what your favorite food is, what your fav music, restaurant and dish is.

    Facebook knows you more accurately than you know yourself.

    Facebook knows audiences!!

    What is the key to marketing again? Right message, right audience.

    Well, your message is set, that doesn't change, so in other words, cracking the outbound marketing code is child's play. There LITERALLY is only one option left. Your AUDIENCE.

    So Facebook is the key!

    Then I could go into detail about what the secrets to marketing is on FB but I am actually building a free course for ALL of you on this so you all have to just be patient.

    And no,  I don't agree with "3 possible channels".

    Here are the possibilities that I woudl "approve".

    Youtube ads, Instagram ads, Facebook ads, Tik Tok ads, PPC, SEO.

    I favor SEO obviously (inbound), and then Facebook (outbound).

    here are my results for running ads for one of my businesses.

    Running Facebook ads with an expert understanding what and who my audiences are and then writing my ads that 100% resonate with them, gets me between $50K and $100K/week in profits.

    Here is my advice.

    Just think. use logic, and use data to make decisions, NEVER listen to people's mere opinions.

    What I am telling you all is 100% accurate and correct. That is why I am able to back every claim up with actual evidence. This is not just all talk. This is data! 


    How would somebody find help running a Facebook campaign? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.