Medium-Term Rentals

User Stats

Votes
Emma Redfern
Votes |
How’s the mid-term rental in Cincinnati

Emma Redfern
Posted Jun 18 2024, 05:12

Refinancing my first Brrr deal and I’m looking to buy my second property near cinci/Covington because I’m wanting to get into mid-term rentals. I currently invest in Indiana. I’m looking to see if the mid term rental market is good in that area?

User Stats

Votes
Min Zhang
Agent
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
Agent
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jun 18 2024, 07:40

Hey Emma! I am personally a big fan of Cincinnati for its growth and potential. There are many large hospitals in the area where it can be a great leverage to buy real estate and use it to target travel nurses. I heard many successful stories from my past clients that have started doing this a few years back. Feel free to reach out if you need assistance. 

User Stats

Votes
Sam McCormack
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jun 19 2024, 10:06
Quote from @Emma Redfern:

Refinancing my first Brrr deal and I’m looking to buy my second property near cinci/Covington because I’m wanting to get into mid-term rentals. I currently invest in Indiana. I’m looking to see if the mid term rental market is good in that area?

It has the highest traffic of traveling nurses in Ohio with a few hospitals! I shot you a message to learn more about what you are looking for

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Votes |
Zachary Deal#1 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Lender
Replied Jun 20 2024, 06:49

@Emma RedfernCongrats on your first BRRR! When evaluating MTR markets I would always start by searching Furnished Finder and Airbnb/VRBO (30+ day stays) to get a good sense of what is out there on the market already. You can also check out Zillow and Facebook! Like others have said, I've heard Cincinnati can be a great market for travelling nurses due to the high concentration of hospitals

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Fiore
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jun 20 2024, 18:59

If you are in a good area within 15 minutes of the hospitals then I think the market is good here. I have a client that is having a great experience with her mid term rentals so far. The 1 bedrooms get significantly more per month on MTR than LTR. The difference of $900 to $1,500+ per month.

User Stats

Votes
Wes D.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northern Kentucky | Northern Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northern Kentucky | Northern Virginia
Replied Jun 22 2024, 13:45

Hi Emma! Congratulations on your first deal!! 

We have two MTR properties in NKY and the demand seems strong and steady. Our first purchase was in October 2023 and it was a little tough to fill late in the year (due to the holiday slowdown), but our first guest arrived in early January and it's been booked ever since, now through September. We bought a second property in February and it's booked through late August. 

I recommend 30-Day Stay by Zeona McIntyre and Sarah Weaver, published by BiggerPockets; it was a great help as we got started. We also used Sarah's shopping list to help us furnish them properly for medical travelers; she has great suggestions with links to the best prices. It saved a lot of time and money. 

For more details, see our BiggerPockets profile and let me know if you have any questions. I'll draw on my vast--er, 8 months--of experience :)

All the best as you get started in MTRs!!

-Wes