Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Medium-Term Rentals
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Matt Simpson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles CA / Pittsburgh PA
Votes |
MTR Insurance Coverage

Matt Simpson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles CA / Pittsburgh PA
Posted

Team,

Im having a tough time finding an insurance provider for my medium term rental in Pittsburgh and I'm looking for suggestions.

I own the building (triplex) where 2/3 units are traditional long term rentals, and 1x unit is a medium term rental. Ive spoken with several insurance providers (including Proper) and they will not insure it as majority of the building is LTR? Has anyone come across this before? Any suggestions?

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Taggart
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
Agent
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied

@Matt Simpson You can try reaching out to Casey Burkhead see if he can help. He is a broker and I work with him on all of my properties in Pittsburgh. Burkhead Insurance Services is his company if you want to DM me I can send you his contact info also, don't think it'll let me post it on the forums. 

User Stats

Votes
Travis Timmons
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ellsworth, ME
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Ellsworth, ME
Replied

Travelers has a home sharing/furnished rental product that I use for mid terms. Neither of those properties are multi-family, though. Hope that helps.

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Wes D.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northern Kentucky | Northern Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Northern Kentucky | Northern Virginia
Replied

Hi Matt! 

For our MTRs we use landlord insurance from Travelers. You can specify the coverage level for the dwelling, household furnishings, loss of use, liability, and medical payments to others. I purchased the policy through an insurance broker, Moody Insurance Worldwide (301 417-0001).

Hope this is helpful.

-Wes