Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Medium-Term Rentals
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Rasheed-mass Ali
  • Investor
Votes |
30 Day Stay - Funishing XLS for office?

Rasheed-mass Ali
  • Investor
Posted

ASK: Do you have a resource for office furnishings like how '30 Day Stay' has a list for the other rooms in the house? 

Hello Everyone, I greatly enjoyed reading the 30 Day Stay and many appreciations to Zeona and Sarah and also Jesse for the bonus chapter. So much great information in this book. The favs for me were Financing the Deal, Your MVP, Furnishing, Leases, and of course the bonus chapter. 

As I went through the spreadsheets I noticed the furnished list does not cover office space which is vital for MTR. Does anyone have a reference for a furnishing List? 

Bonus Points if you can refer Decorators/ Vacation Furnishers in Connecticut or Michigan. 

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied

Hello @Rasheed-mass Ali,

For my mtr office I have the following:

-Good sized desk with two or more drawers 

-Computer chair (rated for seating 6-8 hours)

-Chair mat

- Desk lamp with phone charging hub (mine offers wireless charging, but there are some that can plug a USB charger)

- Pens, notedpad, scissors (I.e basic office supplies)

- High speed WiFi (I offer hard wired high speed internet with an Ethernet cable, and the combo modem/router let’s them connect all of their devices)

-Make sure that there are plenty of electrical outlets for your guests to plug devices into.

Cheers,

Melissa 

User Stats

Votes
Rasheed-mass Ali
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied

@Melissa Hartvigsen 

Thank you for sharing your method of supplying the office.  It's clear that you have a well-organized system in place, which ensures that everyone has the necessary supplies for their work. Your efforts contribute to a productive and efficient work environment. This was very helpful!

Best regards,

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Hartvigsen
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied
Quote from @Rasheed-mass Ali:

@Melissa Hartvigsen 

Thank you for sharing your method of supplying the office.  It's clear that you have a well-organized system in place, which ensures that everyone has the necessary supplies for their work. Your efforts contribute to a productive and efficient work environment. This was very helpful!

Best regards,

You are most welcome! I am glad to help and wish you much success. :)

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Votes |
Jamie Banks#2 Medium-Term Rentals Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Reston, VA
Replied

I provide my guests everything needed to work from home: a monitor, mouse, keyboard, hdmi, etc. so that all they need to do is plug in their laptop. I highly recommend adding at least a monitor if you plan on making digital nomads one of the guest avatars that you're marketing to. 

User Stats

Votes
Nick Zupec
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Saint Joseph, MI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Saint Joseph, MI
Replied

I agree with Melissa and Jamie. We like to include a docking station that is connected to a monitor, mouse, and keyboard. That way someone can plug their laptop into the docking station and have a fully functioning 2 screen work station. We don't usually include a printer, but we do include locations of local places to print documents in our digital guest book. 

We also get very fast internet speeds and always put a power strip under the desk that also has USB outlets. This setup will usually be sufficient for guests that will be working from your property.