Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Medium-Term Rentals
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Steve Garcia
  • Investor
  • DFW
Votes |
Medium Term Rental in Arlington, TX

Steve Garcia
  • Investor
  • DFW
Posted

Hello All,

Just chiming in here to see if anyone has experience using the Mid Term Rental strategy in the DFW area? I currently have my first rental property under contract that I am planning to utilize as a LTR. However with the recent buzz regarding Mid Term Rentals I’m considering pivoting into this strategy. The home is a 3/2 @ roughly 1300 sq ft located within a 10 mile radius of 3 hospitals. I am planning on listing on Furnished Finder to see if I can draw any interest. Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this size home as a mid term rental.

User Stats

Votes
Replied

Hey Steve, I have a STR with about that square footage. Happy to share my experience with you if it would be helpful!

User Stats

Votes
Sandor Lau
  • Investor
  • Vancouver, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Vancouver, WA
Replied

@Steve Garcia, would love to hear how it is going. I have done MTR with my plexes with excellent success following teachings of Jesse Vasquez, Zeona McIntyre, Al Williamson. I have a 3/3 house in Arlington I am looking for MTR management for. 

From what I have found there are three major vendors for management services of MTR. 

--Zeus Living. Billion dollar company. Owned by Airbnb. I have a triplex I am presently onobarding with them. They're constantly expanding but not yet in DFW. 

--Avenue West. Franchise MTR company. There is supposed to be a DFW franchise but I have reached out to their head office many, many times by email and phone. Only spoke to a real person once. They've ignored everything else. 

--Landing. More of an OTA than management company. You make your own listing with them, are in charge of all furnishings and maintenance. They find, vet, and place tenants, handle all communication. Reasonable fees I think 10%. They spend over $1MM/mo in digital advertising and keep their units full. But you have to be boots on the ground. They are in DFW and virtually every other city of any size in the US. 

How is your property going?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Steve Garcia
  • Investor
  • DFW
Votes |
  • Investor
  • DFW
Replied
Quote from @Steve Garcia:

Hello All,

Just chiming in here to see if anyone has experience using the Mid Term Rental strategy in the DFW area? I currently have my first rental property under contract that I am planning to utilize as a LTR. However with the recent buzz regarding Mid Term Rentals I’m considering pivoting into this strategy. The home is a 3/2 @ roughly 1300 sq ft located within a 10 mile radius of 3 hospitals. I am planning on listing on Furnished Finder to see if I can draw any interest. Just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this size home as a mid term rental.

Hi Sandor! I have had some success thus far once I went live with my MTR in January. I had a 31 day booking via Airbnb and I currently have a tenant in there now for at least a 2 month stay that I sourced from Furnished Finder. There was a lot of activity with interest from insurance agencies, but I was not able to land a contract. However I do have direct contacts now and I know what they pay.

User Stats

Votes
Sandee Sampson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • North Texas
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • North Texas
Replied

Hello @Steve Garcia

I've taken the plunge and I also have a 3/2 half duplex in the Arlington, TX area. I just completed furnishing the property and listing it on Furnished Finders. So far, I've had a few leads but I haven't had a booking yet. I'm currently checking out some of the teachings that @Sandor Lau mentioned. Have you had any luck so far? I'd love to hear how it's going for you. :) 

User Stats

Votes
Steve Garcia
  • Investor
  • DFW
Votes |
  • Investor
  • DFW
Replied

Hi @Sandee Sampson and congrats for taking the plunge! I currently have a tenant in place now from a direct booking inquiry on FF. The first booking I had was from Airbnb. 

I must say travel nurses does not appear to be drawing enough interest in the Arlington area at least for now, but there are a few leads that are requesting rather low rent. There is a demand for people relocating or in town for work. 

I have had contact and interest with ALE solutions. I suggest you list your property there as well. As far as the 3 platforms Sandor mentioned I have not had contact.

I wish you the best of luck! If you have any questions feel free to reach out. 

User Stats

Votes
Sandee Sampson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • North Texas
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • North Texas
Replied

Howdy! :) Thanks so much for the quick reply, @Steve Garcia!

I just registered with ALE Solutions and I'm checking out Jesse Vasquez as you suggested.

Would you suggest listing on AirBnB as well?

Again, thanks so much for responding with your insights. 

User Stats

Votes
Steve Garcia
  • Investor
  • DFW
Votes |
  • Investor
  • DFW
Replied

Absolutely list on Airbnb. Majority of your traffic will come from that platform. The book 30-day-Stay is a great resource as well to guide you through building your listing. Hospitable is a great platform as well that I used to build my digital guidebook. 

User Stats

Votes
Steve Garcia
  • Investor
  • DFW
Votes |
  • Investor
  • DFW
Replied
Quote from @Steve Garcia:

Absolutely list on Airbnb. Majority of your traffic will come from that platform. The book 30-day-Stay is a great resource as well to guide you through building your listing. Hospitable is a great platform as well that I used to build my digital guidebook. 

@Sandee Sampson  Sorry the guidebook platform I used was Hostfully.