Skip to content
House Hacking

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Williams
  • Real Estate Broker
Votes |
House Hack = Live For Free Can Still Happen!

Ryan Williams
  • Real Estate Broker
Posted Apr 17 2024, 09:01

I wanted to highlight a recent deal I helped a client close last week to show there are still deals to be made in this market! This is the cheapest duplex to close in Littleton, Colorado in over 2 years. Needs some love for sure but has great bones with 3 beds 1 bath for one unit, 2 bed 1 bath another unit and an unfinished basement. We knew it was a great deal but with bad pictures and being in rough shape we made a quick offer slightly above list price, limited inspection and quick close and included a quick acceptance deadline so we others couldn't see the great deal we were seeing and they accepted! My buyer will live in rehab one unit at a time and there's an unfinished basement that can be turned into another unit. After rehab and adding additional unit my client will very likely be living for free and have this property positioned as a great investment! Appraised well over purchase price as well!

The client is an experienced investor and comfortable with sweat equity so this was the perfect deal for him. This may not apply to everyone, but it does show that great deals can still happen and there's still power in house hacking! 

• Real Estate Agent CO (#FA100094785)

R&R Real Estate Services LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Swain
Pro Member
#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Apr 17 2024, 09:39

Wow great example! It seems like Denver has alot of these hidden gems, especially in these up and coming neighborhoods. 

Thanks for sharing this! I would love to hear how it goes in a year or so for the investor. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 18 2024, 20:58

Great deal! Definitely a lot more deals in Denver than people realize just have to get creative. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy Jareckyj
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Apr 21 2024, 07:03

Love it. sounds like your client had a good agent ;)

Goes to show if you put in the work to find the deals, the right ones will still come you way

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
Ray Hage#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Apr 21 2024, 07:19

Great job in taking care of your client! It is difficult to find a broker/agent who really gives a Sxxx and not about the quick buck. I am sure your investor will be working with you in the long term! House hacking is still too underrated imo. I have been living in my househack for free for years now and have no plans to move unless I am too rich haha.

User Stats

Votes
Jeff White
  • Realtor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Denver, CO
Replied Apr 22 2024, 11:25

@Ryan Williams Nice job, Littleton is a fantastic area for house hacking, just takes the right investor to see the potential, and I know that duplex, and there is plenty of value add for your client. Cheers to them!

• Real Estate Agent Colorado (#FA100090620)

Jeffrey White with Envision Advisors Logo