Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Market Trends & Data
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Jake Andronico
Agent
#5 House Hacking Contributor
  • Realtor
  • Reno, NV
Votes |
How Low is the Inventory in Reality?

Jake Andronico
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Reno, NV
Posted

Every market is different, but in Reno, NV for the month of May in 2024, our active inventory was actually very similar to what it was in 2018 when the market was "normal". 

In 2022 in the summer the active inventory was in line with "normal", but last year the inventory in the summer was way down. 

I'm curious what the summer will reveal in 2024 for active inventory, as there has historically been a spike with a couple of years of outliers. 

What's going on in your market with inventory? 

User Stats

Votes
Replied
Quote from @Jake Andronico:

Every market is different, but in Reno, NV for the month of May in 2024, our active inventory was actually very similar to what it was in 2018 when the market was "normal". 

In 2022 in the summer the active inventory was in line with "normal", but last year the inventory in the summer was way down. 

I'm curious what the summer will reveal in 2024 for active inventory, as there has historically been a spike with a couple of years of outliers. 

Have you check Resiclub data about inventory ?

They have very good overall statistics for every major city . 

User Stats

Votes
John Litz
Pro Member
  • Reno NV
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Reno NV
Replied

I don’t have the data driven information like you do. However it feels pretty standard with inventory. Obviously affordability is an issue but there seems to be plenty of choices out there. 

BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jake Andronico
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Reno, NV
Votes |
Agent
  • Realtor
  • Reno, NV
Replied
Quote from @Carlos Ptriawan:
Quote from @Jake Andronico:

Have you check Resiclub data about inventory ?

They have very good overall statistics for every major city . 

I have not. This is directly from our regional MLS in Northern Nevada :)