Real Estate Agent · Reno, NV · Member since 2014 · 349 posts · 189 votes
2y
I'm going with 2 sentences...
Tax benefits are secondary to the value of the investment...
The large percentage of wealth held in retirement accounts is particularly notable given the tax advantages these vehicles offer. Contributions to plans like 401(k)s and IRAs can grow tax-deferred, or even tax-free in the case of Roth IRAs.
Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
2y
I was going to go with "High net worth individuals (HNWIs) are those who have at least $1 million in easily convertible assets like cash, stocks, and bonds."
I know some very high net worth individuals who do not keep money in a brokerage account. By ONLY looking at people with a lot of money in stocks and bonds, they get a very different sort of person than you might find on this site.