Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Ask About A Real Estate Company
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Albert W.
  • Architect
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Asset Avenue -- Reviews? Anyone used them for financing?

Albert W.
  • Architect
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Apr 5 2016, 18:48

I clicked on an add from asset avenue ( https://www.assetavenue.com/ ) and am curious if anyone has every used them, and what their experience has been?  They appear to lend to non-owner occupied investments (rehab loans, rental property acquisition loans, etc.).  Sound good, but there doesn't seem to be much 3rd party reviews out there.  

Thanks in advance!

User Stats

Votes
David Manshoory
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Apr 10 2016, 15:36

HI Albert, I'm one of the Co-Founders of AssetAvenue and am here if you ever have any questions! Just feel free to reach out or private message me.

Best,
David

User Stats

Votes
Nasheka P.
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied May 5 2016, 15:40

@Albert, Did you find out more about this company? Wanted to circle back to see if you have any updates? 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Hollis Cook
  • Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Jun 17 2016, 23:56

I'd like to know as well.

User Stats

Votes
Hollis Cook
  • Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Vero Beach, FL
Replied Jun 18 2016, 00:06

I took a chance and clicked through the first few links without providing any personal info other than  credit score (excellent). They are offering 75% of property value, but the rate quoted is 6.74%. IF they will allow for rent estimates on previously un-rented properties, i.e., no rental history to count as income, and you have a FANTASTIC deal you can't qualify for on your own income it MIGHT be worthwhile, but hard to see it when today's 30-year fixed is 3.44%. There are the numbers I found, other BP members can probably weigh in on this better than I can.

User Stats

Votes
Michael L.
  • Greensboro, NC
Votes |
  • Greensboro, NC
Replied Jun 22 2016, 10:05

@Hollis Cook You can get a owner-occupied mortgage for around the number you quoted, 3.44%, that is a conventional loan. You can also get a handful of loans through fannie/freddie that are for non-owner occupied mortgages, however borrowers often hit DTI restrictions and you pretty much cap out at 6 loans like this. After this you have to work with a bank on their commercial side (these are loans they often keep on their books, so they are pretty restrictive). Because of this tight lending environment many alternative lenders have jumped into the non-owner occupied lending space such as AssetAvenue.

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Westminster, CO
Votes |
  • Westminster, CO
Replied Sep 7 2016, 07:48

Currently using them for a flip property now - I'll let you know how it goes

User Stats

Votes
Albert W.
  • Architect
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Architect
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Sep 7 2016, 08:04

@Account Closed 

Thanks for the input, I would be curious to know if the points/fees are comparable to other hard money lenders, and also if you experience any other hoops or difficulties with their processing and oversight.  

Account Closed
  • Westminster, CO
Votes |
  • Westminster, CO
Replied Sep 7 2016, 08:09
Originally posted by @Albert W.:

@Account Closed 

Thanks for the input, I would be curious to know if the points/fees are comparable to other hard money lenders, and also if you experience any other hoops or difficulties with their processing and oversight.  

Definitely - so far the terms seem on-par with other lenders, but you never really know of any hidden fees until closing, and then at resale. So I'll let you know if anything crazy comes up after I close. Their communication thus far, though, has been above average (thus far) - which is one thing that I prioritize

User Stats

Votes
Sam Wilson
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Sep 8 2016, 10:35

Here in Memphis, it seems that the restrictions on value of property makes this platform a no-go. The value of the property has to be 100k in order to qualify for a 75k loan, which is their minimum. I have no problem with the 75% LTV restriction. That just makes sense. However, we can buy 3 houses for 90k here in Memphis...nearly rent ready. Maybe 100k all in rehabbed and tenants in place. That, coupled with the fact that the application fee is $499 for any loan less than 250k makes me think they're just banking application fees and not getting a whole lot done. It will cost you $499 per application for them to say "yes or no". Maybe that is not the case. I'd love to hear a success story with someone using them for a rental.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Clothier
Pro Member
#4 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • memphis, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 Ask About A Real Estate Company Contributor
  • memphis, TN
Replied Sep 8 2016, 10:37

That is a smart observation @Sam Wilson on the application fee for simply getting to a yes or no.  They make money whether they close a loan or not.

REI Nation, LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
Alex Correa
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Nov 24 2016, 12:11

@Account Closed Can you share on what happened after the submission? Did they end up funding the transaction and did were there any speedbumps along the way.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Correa
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Dec 23 2016, 08:42

I had submitted the loan. paid the $249 app fee. 3 days after app fee was paid I was told they are not currently doing any funding but would refund my $249.00. My problem is that if they aren't doing an funding why keep the site open, why accept the application. I spoke to a rep numerous times just hours before submitting just to make sure I understood their process and not once did they mention they weren't currently funding. Getting my $249 back has been challenging as well. First I was told that it couldn't be put back on the card and would have to be mailed out. I provided address to mail. Then when I inquired about mailing a week and a half later I was told they couldn't mail out a check and it was put back on my card. Going on 20th day and still no refund. I did speak to a rep two days ago who told me I should just file a dispute with my credit card provider. Not sure if anyone ever funded a loan with them but this experience will not have me coming back. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.
Account Closed
  • Westminster, CO
Votes |
  • Westminster, CO
Replied Jan 5 2017, 12:53

Hey Alex Correa sorry for late reply. I actually ended up not using them in the last second. I went with another one which ended up not working due to low appraisal. So that house fell through. Then I found another house and ended up using a 3rd lender option (GreenLeaf Funding). The rehab has gone well so far and they have been great.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Correa
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Jan 6 2017, 07:14

@Account Closed Thanks for the response. My experience was horrible. I am still waiting for a refund. 

Account Closed
  • Westminster, CO
Votes |
  • Westminster, CO
Replied Jan 7 2017, 23:21

@Alex Correa Sorry to hear that. Let me know if you end up investing in a property there. When my flip is over (in Feb) I plan on doing more. 

User Stats

Votes
Dean Weltman
  • Investor
  • The Colony, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • The Colony, TX
Replied Jan 7 2017, 23:50

Alex Correa Early in this post there was a guy that said he was a cofounder of the company. Have you tried reaching out to him about your issues? Might help to get the ball rolling.

Sometimes new companies don't have all the systems in place for things as simple as updating the website or issuing returns. Sometimes, they neglect these things on purpose for nefarious reasons...

User Stats

Votes
Alex Correa
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Jan 21 2017, 12:23

@David Manshoory Is that an issue you would be able to help with. I submitted a file with you guys and paid the processing/appraisal fee.  A few days later I was informed that you guys are no longer doing any fundings and my file would be cancelled and refunded. Here we are 2 months later and no refund. I keep getting the runa around. 

User Stats

Votes
Derrick Ward
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Raleigh, NC
Replied Jan 26 2017, 19:56
Originally posted by @Account Closed:

Hey Alex Correa sorry for late reply. I actually ended up not using them in the last second. I went with another one which ended up not working due to low appraisal. So that house fell through. Then I found another house and ended up using a 3rd lender option (GreenLeaf Funding). The rehab has gone well so far and they have been great.

Thanks for the update Obi!

User Stats

Votes
Dana B. Avellar
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Sep 29 2017, 10:29

Great thread.  I was investigating them for a prospective flip.  Will steer clear based on this thread.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Correa
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Sep 29 2017, 11:03

Dana Chiordi from my understanding they lost their credit line and have not been able to secure another one. Why their sites are still up is beyond me.

User Stats

Votes
Dana B. Avellar
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Oct 5 2017, 07:07

@Alex Correa Thanks for the insight!