Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Brett Adler
Votes |
Ascension Funding Group

Brett Adler
Posted Oct 21 2023, 17:35

Hello all, I'm an investor based out of NYC but i invest in Pennsylvania, in and around scranton. I currently have an apartment building under contract that's in Canton,PA and I have been looking for lenders. I came across Ascension Funding Group and was wondering if anybody has done business with them. The reps i've spoke to say it's a private money lender but I just want to make sure they're a legitimate company. If anybody has done business with them or has any experience with them I would like to hear your experience.

User Stats

Votes
Rivers Fike
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Oct 21 2023, 18:27

Have not heard of them.

I would just be careful sending any funds.  I don’t charge anything until the closing with all funds being escrowed by the title company/attorney.  This puts everyone involved in the transaction at ease.  

User Stats

Votes
Brett Adler
Votes |
Replied Oct 21 2023, 19:53
Quote from @Rivers Fike:

Have not heard of them.

I would just be careful sending any funds.  I don’t charge anything until the closing with all funds being escrowed by the title company/attorney.  This puts everyone involved in the transaction at ease.  

I just spoke with them today, sounded interesting but nothing was mentioned about any transactions being made. They ask me to fill out a questionnaire first and if it looks promising one of the investors will reach out to me. I never dealt with a private lender before so im not entirely sure how they operate. 

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Oct 23 2023, 17:55

@Brett Adler

A lot of lenders also go through larger firms

For example if it’s a deal I don’t like internally I can run it through kiavi as well or other lenders to fund

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 26 2024, 08:20

@Brett Adler 

Did you end up doing business with them? I came across Ascension recently as well but have not found any good reviews to go off of. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 16 2024, 15:22
Quote from @Brett Adler:
Quote from @Rivers Fike:

Have not heard of them.

I just spoke with them today, sounded interesting but nothing was mentioned about any transactions being made. They ask me to fill out a questionnaire first and if it looks promising one of the investors will reach out to me. I never dealt with a private lender before so im not entirely sure how they operate. 

@Brett Adler

Did you end up doing business with them?  I am talking with them right now and wanted to hear any feedback.

User Stats

Votes
Brett Adler
Votes |
Replied May 16 2024, 16:33
Quote from @MATT L CLEMENTS:
Quote from @Brett Adler:
Quote from @Rivers Fike:

Have not heard of them.

@Brett Adler

Did you end up doing business with them?  I am talking with them right now and wanted to hear any feedback.

I didn't, the deal fell through but I didn't decide to use them. Tried going through a conventional bank. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 16 2024, 18:00

I’ve started the process with them.  I’ll keep you posted.  My deal isn’t under contract yet, but if we make it through, I’ll let you know if I ended up using them. Feel free to check back in with me.  
Thanks!  

User Stats

Votes
Brett Adler
Votes |
Replied May 17 2024, 02:41
Quote from @Matt Clements:

I’ve started the process with them.  I’ll keep you posted.  My deal isn’t under contract yet, but if we make it through, I’ll let you know if I ended up using them. Feel free to check back in with me.  
Thanks!  

I'll try to stay informed. I have a few potential deals in the pipeline so this could be a great avenue for me. 

thank you