Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Lombardi
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Zillow Rental Manager not publishing

Joseph Lombardi
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Jan 2 2021, 07:56

Has anyone had issues with zillow rental listing?  I have a property I am trying to list which has been listed before through Hotpads.  I realize that Zillow, Hotpads and Trulia are all connected and the place to enter and initiate the listing is through Zillow's rental manager.  When I enter all the relevant info, I get a notification, "your listing has been Published" and then it get's stuck at "Published to 0 of 3 sites" in the bottom left hand corner.  I have heard some issues of only having a listing published to one site, but I cannot got the listing to publish anywhere.  Anyone experience similar issues?  I have not been able to connect with Zillow after several attempts.  

User Stats

Votes
Christopher B.
  • Investor
  • Southeast, MI
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Southeast, MI
Replied Jan 13 2021, 04:33

I have not had this issue.  I usually start with Zillow, and create and publish.  That has worked well. 

User Stats

Votes
Betty Klein
  • Investor
  • Reno, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Reno, NV
Replied Jan 23 2021, 19:23

Zillow has bought the competition and does not feel it needs to do a good service anymore!

Go to Zumper, or Facebook market place.

Cozy merged with apartment, I am not sure of their current service

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Bucklin
  • Plymouth, MI
Votes |
  • Plymouth, MI
Replied Feb 6 2021, 18:12

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the exact same issue-- go to publish, says "Published", but Published to 0 of 3 sites. And on the main tab it shows the property as inactive. Super frustrating!

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Lombardi
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Feb 6 2021, 19:28

No, it never worked for me. I ended up removing the property from my zillow account and then re- adding the property to another zillow account. This worked right away for some reason.. It is possible that the property you have added on zillow could still not be claimed as owner by you, but this didn't seem to be the issue for me.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 29 2021, 09:34

I also was having same issue. Had to remove listing and put through different account and it worked. With first account it was allowing me to put free since it is my first property but with different account Zillow charged me though it was my first property. That was interesting!

User Stats

Votes
Scott M.
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rochester Hills, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Rochester Hills, MI
Replied Jun 2 2021, 14:04

In the past two things have worked.  1 contacting support and they do some magic behind the scenes. They said this is generally because someone else had it listed and it was never marked as sold.  2.  Remove 100% and re add.  Kind of like turning off the computer and turning it back on I suppose : ) 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Kohnfelder
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Pittsburgh, PA
Replied Jun 4 2021, 13:22

Just stumbled upon this question as I ran into the same issue... All I had to do was log out of my account, and log right back in... Went to my listings and it now said "published" 

Easy fix, but I agree that their customer service is pretty pathetic, especially when you think about what a major platform they are.

User Stats

Votes
Betty Klein
  • Investor
  • Reno, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Reno, NV
Replied Aug 11 2021, 11:54

Zillow is compromised since it went public a year ago! It bought up all the competition. Now you have to pay for their service and get no support. Try Facebook marketplace, Or get a friendly realtor to list it on MLS.

User Stats

Votes
Sumanth Meda Jayaprakash
  • Jacksonville, FL
Votes |
  • Jacksonville, FL
Replied Mar 18 2022, 13:55

The same exact thing was happening with me today. I wasn't able to find a number to reach Zillow support. I ended up writing them a message on their website and got response in an hour approximately. They asked for a property documentation with my name and address. They said they can bring it back online once they review the proof of ownership. 

PS: I had signed up for the premium access for 30 bucks which may have helped in getting faster response.

By the way, I also tried creating a new account and list from there. It worked, but I had already received several message and few applications on my previous listing. So, I thought it was just better to bring the old one back up online rather than creating a new one.

User Stats

Votes
Ash S.
Votes |

This is happening because even after a successful sale of the property in owner's name, the seller side agent hasn't taken it off. I am following up zillow as well as that sales realtor. As it's weekend, I don't expect much success.