Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Nick J.
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Payson, AZ
Votes |
Where do you buy envelopes?

Nick J.
  • Payson, AZ
Posted Jul 2 2012, 14:06

I'm looking around online for a place to buy bulk envelopes. Specifically, postcard size envelopes, maybe even in light pastel colors.

I'm curious where you guys get yours if you're getting them in the bulk(1000+) from an online retailer.

User Stats

Votes
J Scott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Sarasota, FL
ModeratorReplied Jul 6 2012, 08:22
Originally posted by Jared Vidales:

Since theyre the manufacture, you can specify exact size, color, paper, weight of paper ect. And it looks like if you buy 500,000 you get each piece @ 0.005.
So 1,000 envelopes would 5 bucks. Let me know if you guys want me to get all this info for you.

Not sure we could get enough interest for 500K envelopes (unless Michael Q wanted in :), but I'd buy at least 20K at double that price ($.01 each).

User Stats

Votes
Jerry Puckett
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jul 6 2012, 09:05
Originally posted by K. Marie Poe:
However, I'd love to be wrong about this, and will place an order today if I am.

You're not (wrong that is). Guess I'll stick with Sam's for now. Box of 500, $15

And Michael Quarles, you be a

Originally posted by Michael Quarles:
butt head
all you like. You're just doin' business right? That's what I expect from you. It's endearing.

And no, I'm not going to stop being frugal in order to project an image. That's just silly. Doesn't make good business sense at all. The more I'm able to save in my marketing efforts, the more people I can reach. Pennies turn into dollars.

This thread was started by someone wanting to save money. He got an off board response. Just curious....is there a reason why the rest of us have to fend for ourselves? (or to put it another way...work so hard?) Maybe you just told Nick J. to have a hamburger?

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Jared Vidales
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jul 6 2012, 09:09

Its not alot of energy, its like going to anyother website. You just tell them what you want, get the price, pay, and your done. I'm fresh out of college, and 1 week into my job, so every dollar counts at this point. When I'm more established, Im sure i wont be complaining about 0.01 v 0.005

User Stats

Votes
Nick J.
  • Payson, AZ
Votes |
  • Payson, AZ
Replied Jul 6 2012, 09:14

Jerry Puckett, actually, I wasn't specifically questioning the savings. More about the bulk quantity. Like you had mentioned, going to Sam's for a box of 500. I was just wanting to find something in a slightly larger bulk.

I am hungry now though, thanks to Michael Quarles.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Central Valley, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Central Valley, CA
Replied Jul 6 2012, 09:19
Not to be a butt head here.

If you spent this much energy on finding sellers the penny or two would be insignificant. I'm all for being financially responsible however my goodness go buy a friggin house.

Michael Quarles Not everyone who economizes is failing to buy houses and drink the good wine. You know, something for everyone and each to his own, etc. Speaking of buying houses: any update on April's marketing diary efforts? Envelope pricing aside, from what you posted it looks you spent multiple hamburger dollars.

User Stats

Votes
Jerry Puckett
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Jul 6 2012, 09:44
Envelopes.com is hugely expensive... I haven't found any of the "Popular URL" sites with great pricing. However we calculate three decimals when figuring cost.
Too many investors get caught up in the cheap ****. Start retooling your thought process from how much can I save to how much can I make.

Hamburgers and wine indeed..... If checking all over the web and calculating to 3 decimals is retooling I'm in!!

Nick J., yeah, me too. How about we all knock off for lunch? Forget the burger though....I hear some Fajitas calling my name...(in bulk!)

K. Marie Poe, I too, am curious as to the conclusion of April's marketing diary. That was one of the best threads ever.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Jul 6 2012, 09:54

OMG.... I wonder if all of the mentions are improving my influence score..

@Nick

Me too... This reminds me of a story I heard as I was going through the Michael Gerber program... There was a roundtable discussion of why the Ritz charged 25 dollars for a hamburger.

The answer: Because their customers expected to pay for it...

@Jerry

Frankly no one else has asked. I am fairly open and I think helpful. My point wasn’t that you shouldn’t be frugal it was that you shouldn’t spend unnecessary time trying to figure out how to save a penny when in the big picture the resource cost of time far outweighs the savings.

I stand by the idea that too many investors spend way too much effort on items that don’t matter and grouping enough of you together to buy a half million envelopes is one of those times. There are many days I think having a yellow letter mail business which pushes millions of letters a year is costing me way too much money to own… I like owning and helping investors however from a pure “is it the best use of my time” standpoint the answer would be NO… With my rant I was just trying to offer a little been there advice.

@K.

No updates. The days in the hospital allowed me a little inner personal perspective on what I want to accomplish and let’s just say I am very happy… Last 30 days sent out nearly 12,000 letters. Not nearly enough, mainly because of my geographical area.

However I am working on an idea of mass marketing outside of my area and teaming with investors in those areas to implement the on ground infrastructure requirements.

I am also looking at hiring a buyers rep for my area stretching from Bakersfield to Ventura up through magic mountain to North Hollywood. Problem is that it will be all phone contact and I want them in my office in Bakersfield.

I actually see the day soon where I am sending out massive amounts of mail and I have a group of investors doing deals all from a central hub with feet on the ground. I like picking the low hanging fruit.

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Central Valley, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Central Valley, CA
Replied Jul 6 2012, 10:27

Michael Quarles Thanks for the update. Sounds exciting in terms of lead generation. I was hoping for was an update on quantity and quality of deals generated. In the April marketing diary you said that you wanted to show any doubters that marketing works. I'm all ears. It's Friday and I'm sending out one contract and sending out an addendum to another but don't have anything closing today. With all that marketing I'm assuming you're closing something nearly every day.

User Stats

Votes
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Jul 6 2012, 10:32

K. Marie Poe

Congrats on your two deals...

Account Closed
  • Investor
  • Central Valley, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Central Valley, CA
Replied Jul 6 2012, 10:45

Michael Quarles Thanks. Deals aren't really deals until they close. But I like having things in the pipeline. Without giving away any details, can you say how many deals you closed from the March/April mailings you outlined here? Budget-wise, those numbers would be huge for me in such a short time.