Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Jovan Johnson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • los angeles, CA
Votes |
voicemail or answering service ??

Jovan Johnson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • los angeles, CA
Posted Feb 26 2009, 10:33

hey everyone! i was wondering if i do have enough money to have a answering service could i use my voice mail. and if so what should i say? i intend to wholesale deals any advise will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. does anyone know of any great answering services?

User Stats

Votes
Andrew R
  • Real Estate Investor
  • California
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • California
Replied Jan 14 2010, 08:15
Originally posted by Chris Oshea:
Answer the phone yourself until you get to the point where your time is better spent elsewhere. And buy a couple of LOCAL phone numbers from a place like TossableDigits.com or any other call forwarding site. I think I'm paying 12 bucks a month for 2 numbers, this way you don't have to be putting your personal cell phone number on bandit signs, business cards, flyers, etc., and as another person already stated, you can set what hours you want the calls to go through between. Also a good way to keep track of your marketing to see what's generating calls

Hey Chris Oshea I wanted to know - whats your feedback on tossabledigits ? I wanted to get a review/feel for them but I am yet to find a review online of their service

User Stats

Votes
Jackie Patterson
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Kalamazoo, MI
Replied Jun 24 2010, 09:02

I answer the phone myself. My cell number is readily available, and I make a practise of calling back as soon as possible if I miss a call. Since I'm dealing with people nationwide, it's not unusual to get a call at 11pm EST from someone in California. If it's late, or I'm busy, I just let it go to voicemail. To me, it's important to immediately establish a rapport with a potential client. Since I deal with distressed homeowners, and realtors, there is a comfort level in being able to reach me easily. After we establish the relationship, I also use email and text.

Baselane logo
Baselane
|
Sponsored
A new type of banking built for RE investors BiggerPockets Prefers Baselane The #1 Real Estate Banking platform trusted by over 40k landlords.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Karg
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Jarrettsville, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Jarrettsville, MD
Replied Jul 8 2010, 21:54

If you use your cell phone and don't want your number out there, try "Google Voice"
I use it for one of my businesses, and it's free.