Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Marketing Your Property
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Austin Wolff
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fayetteville, AR
Votes |
What's a good rental listing view-to-application ratio on FB Marketplace?

Austin Wolff
Pro Member
  • Fayetteville, AR
Posted

I currently have 483 clicks on my rental listing, which has led to 3 chats over FB messenger, but so far 0 applications. I'm going to reduce my rent by $100 as this ratio seems abysmal (quite literally a 0% ratio in view-to-application). 

But I'm just curious, what's the average view-to-application ratio anyone is seeing?

(I know it differs market to market. I'm in Fayetteville, AR if that matters to anyone, and renting out the master bedroom.)

• Austin Wolff
  • User Stats

Votes
    Pat Aboukhaled
    Agent
    #2 General Real Estate Investing Contributor
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Scottsdale, AZ
    Votes |
    Agent
    #2 General Real Estate Investing Contributor
    • Real Estate Agent
    • Scottsdale, AZ
    Replied

Hey Austin,

That's a solid question. From what I've seen, the average view-to-application ratio on platforms like Facebook Marketplace can vary quite a bit, but a general ballpark is around 5-10%. So for every 100 views, you might expect 5 to 10 applications. Given that you've had 483 clicks with no applications, it might be worth tweaking a few things before dropping the rent.

I had a client who also had a property in Fayetteville and who faced a similar issue. He was getting plenty of views but not much action. We updated his listing with better photos and added some details about the neighborhood amenities-like the nearby parks and cafes-and it made a real difference. Sometimes highlighting those little perks can catch someone's eye.

Also, consider whether your listing is reaching the right audience. Some channels like Youtube and Google have better segmentation options for real estate.

Don't get discouraged. A few small changes can turn things around.

If you want to brainstorm some ideas or need a second pair of eyes on your listing, feel free to reach out. Always happy to help.

Jasper / Pat

Turning investment visions into REALITY in Phoenix, AZ - Ranked #1 for residential real estate growth and opportunity by PwC

• Real Estate Agent Arizona (#SA697768000)

• (480) 531-8372
    Pat Aboukhaled Logo

User Stats

Votes
    Austin Wolff
    Pro Member
    • Fayetteville, AR
    Votes |
    Pro Member
    • Fayetteville, AR
    Replied
    Quote from @Pat Aboukhaled:

Hey Austin,

That's a solid question. From what I've seen, the average view-to-application ratio on platforms like Facebook Marketplace can vary quite a bit, but a general ballpark is around 5-10%. So for every 100 views, you might expect 5 to 10 applications. Given that you've had 483 clicks with no applications, it might be worth tweaking a few things before dropping the rent.

I had a client who also had a property in Fayetteville and who faced a similar issue. He was getting plenty of views but not much action. We updated his listing with better photos and added some details about the neighborhood amenities-like the nearby parks and cafes-and it made a real difference. Sometimes highlighting those little perks can catch someone's eye.

Also, consider whether your listing is reaching the right audience. Some channels like Youtube and Google have better segmentation options for real estate.

Don't get discouraged. A few small changes can turn things around.

If you want to brainstorm some ideas or need a second pair of eyes on your listing, feel free to reach out. Always happy to help.

Jasper / Pat

Turning investment visions into REALITY in Phoenix, AZ - Ranked #1 for residential real estate growth and opportunity by PwC

Thank you!!

• Austin Wolff
  • BiggerPockets logo
    BiggerPockets
    |
    Sponsored
    Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
    Nathan Gesner
    Agent
    • Real Estate Broker
    • Cody, WY
    Votes |
    Agent
    • Real Estate Broker
    • Cody, WY
    ModeratorReplied
    Quote from @Austin Wolff:

I don't have hard numbers, but would guess less than 10%. The easier it is for someone to click on something, the less likely they are to be a serious customer. People that specifically visit a website (realtor.com, Zillow, etc.) are more likely to be serious shoppers.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo