• Orlando, FL
Votes |
Anyone ever use Postcardmania.com ???

Ceasar Blackman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Sep 9 2013, 22:45

Hey

I called them up to ask some questions about using them for a few mailings of postcards and their rates were good. They work with you to design your own card and etc. I just want to know has anyone had any good or bad experiences with this company ? I believe they are based out of Clearwater Florida

They also mentioned they build list that fit my criteria exactly like Listsource and they claimed to be updated more frequently then Listsource. I can use the exact same criteria as with LS, but the price per name was nearly half. Also I have noticed a few people mentioning LS not being the best source to build list. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks guys

User Stats

Votes
Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Votes |
  • Goshen, KY
Replied Sep 17 2013, 13:16

My pleasure @Seth Williams

@Seth Williams

User Stats

Votes
Alison M.
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Falls Church, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • Falls Church, VA
Replied Sep 17 2013, 14:16

So @Dev Horn , your post prompts me to ask "Who *do* you use to print your large full-color variable print postcards at prices that are cheaper than Click2Mail?" Keep in mind when answering, you must factor in the cost of getting them sorted and into the mail along with the printing!

Setting the timer now . . . . :-)

Alison

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dev Horn
Pro Member
#3 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Arlington, TX
Replied Sep 17 2013, 16:06

We use a vendor called GoBig Printing. A huge benefit for us is they host all our postcard and letter designs, so our licensees just upload their list, select the piece they want to send, and they are off to the races.

GoBig gives our licensees special rates that are based on volume. We're paying around 50 cents total to print, sort, & mail our large postcards, and they are generally printed and to the post office within 2 days which is almost unheard of in this business.

But the comparison on price alone is a bit misleading in our case, as most of our pieces now are variable print pieces in a hosted environment that few other vendors can provide. And many vendors will quote a decent price but it will be for 7-9 day turnaround.

In the past (before variable print), we used imageMEDIA. Last time I checked, their pricing (for the large 2-sided full-color PC) was still pretty competitive:

Postcard printing .14 (for 7 DAY turnaround)
Processing for mailing .07 ($175 fee divided by 2,500 pieces)
Standard postage .28
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.49 per piece total (Does not include mailing list)

So, that's comparing old-school static printing to the new-tech variable printing (apples to oranges comparison), but you get the idea.

P.S. When I say something is too expensive, i might be talking a few cents too much compared to the alternatives. But a .05 difference on 10,000 pieces is $500, so every penny counts. And turnaround is super important to us as well. Time is money. =)

User Stats

Votes
Ceasar Blackman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Sep 18 2013, 19:57

Thanks a lot for the insightful post @Dev Horn @Sharon Vornholt

What is the reason behind the bad response rate from PCM ? Is it the List if you used a list from them ?

Also Dev any reason why you chose the glossy PC vs flat normal ones ?

How often do you change your PC message when mailing to the same list for 3 to 7 hits ??

Whats the fewest PC that someone starting out can work with ? 500 decent to start with ?

User Stats

Votes
Scott Boeser
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Replied Aug 31 2016, 07:45
Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

this one is working. 5.5x8.5 added color.

Michael, which vendor did you use for these?

Do you remember what list you sent these to or what your response rate was?

User Stats

Votes
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Michael Quarles#1 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Bakersfield, CA
Replied Aug 31 2016, 07:52

@Scott Boeser Bigger Pockets doesn't allow me to mention the company since I own it.  

Maybe someone who isn't affiliated with the print company can post the name.  

Stupid rule! 

User Stats

Votes
Scott Boeser
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Arlington, VA
Replied Aug 31 2016, 07:54
Originally posted by @Michael Quarles:

@Scott Boeser Bigger Pockets doesn't allow me to mention the company since I own it.  

Maybe someone who isn't affiliated with the print company can post the name.  

Stupid rule! 

Checked out your page... Thanks! :)

User Stats

Votes
Sharon Vornholt
  • Goshen, KY
Votes |
  • Goshen, KY
Replied Aug 31 2016, 13:33

I loved the actual company Postcardmania and the owner Joy Gendusa. They are great.  However, the results that I got from those really pretty postcards was bad. I think they are just too nice for the average distressed seller. 

I can tell you I have bought other products and services from postcards like those, and I would guess they work well for most businesses.

I would say this; it wouldn't hurt to give them a try.  It's been a while since I used that particular mail piece.

I have gotten the best results from plain yellow cards with black text like ones from Michael Quarles' Company.  BTW - they are great to work with too. 

Sharon

User Stats

Votes
Rob Dandrea
  • Tarpon Springs, FL
Votes |
  • Tarpon Springs, FL
Replied Jul 6 2019, 05:14

I have had a very frustrating experience with postcardmania.  They tried three times to get my mailing list to the correct area   I had just moved to a new market and was very specific where I wanted to mail my postcards. My first mailing of 1,000 postcards went to the wrong area.  Because of their error, I was given another mailing which also went to the wrong area.  After a couple of months of trying to resolve the issue I requested my money back for the printing and the money ($5600.00) I spent on mailings.  I spoke with several staff members that were very nice but without results.  Each said they were going to look into the problem, but there was never a resolution and no refund.  Today, I wrote to Joy Gendusa, CEO/Founder and explained the situation.  I'll let you know how much their CEO cares about customer service.  Oh, by the way, they told me the second mailing went to Sarasota National where both mailings were to be mailed.  Unfortunately, I live there and never received a card or did my neighbors.  The Venice area is very seasonally driven and you only have a 4 month window to reach the snowbirds and it was missed completely. To make matter worse, I have changed companies, so at this point the postcards are worthless. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 28 2024, 09:44
I had a horrible experience with Postcard Mania check out the image attached...this is the "professionally made and written" proof I got from them. I sell online coffee stores for those trying to extend their brand/business name or company. Note...the FREE SHIPPING text (page 1)...shipping what? I create sites, I don't ship anything. Note the random text 'FIRST' on the
postcard PAGE 1...testimonial left totally blank and they never asked me for
one. How about the text 'sell the #1 selling beverage in YOUR world LOL I guess coffee is just #1 in my own little world. Just horrible. I got a full refund thankfully. I will use a small
company that truly cares about my campaign and company. Asks questions, and actually wants to see me do well. This company is only about the money.

Page 2