Votes
Cassiem Davids
Votes |
User Stats

Votes
Jena Vail
Votes |
Replied Apr 13 2024, 17:05

You're in the right place... What are a few things about real estate that interests you? Neighborhoods; rehab; design; investing principals like leverage, appreciation? Stay excited & curious! 

User Stats

Votes
Manny Vasquez
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orange County
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orange County
Replied Apr 13 2024, 20:25

Cassiem - Welcome to the BP community! This is the best place for all things real estate related. This is what I recommend for you to learn more about real estate:

1. Read as many RE books as you can get your hands on. Here are a few I recommend: "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" by Roberto Kiyosaki; "Set for Life" by Scott Trench; "The Unofficial Guide to Real Estate Investing" by Spencer; "The BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginners Guide" found here on BP; "The Book on Rental Property Investing" by Brandon Tuner. This will give you a good starting point

2. Attend meetups and meet as many people in RE as you can. Since you are just graduating college you may already realize that it's not what you know, but who you know (as a personal note, I had college friends that were barely passing their classes however they ended up with really good paying jobs due to "who they knew"). As they say, your network will be your net-worth.

3. You could also get a Full-Time or Part-Time job in any part of real estate....working for a top Real Estate office on weeknights and weekends, working for an RE Investor, working for a General Contractor and learning a few skills, etc. This way you can ramp up your savings AND learn some RE skills.

4. Timing the market does not work. However, time in the market makes all the difference in the world!  Put what you learn into practice!

I hope this helps and good luck on your real estate journey!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey McKee
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Plano, TX
Replied Apr 18 2024, 06:16

Welcome Cassiem! BP is a fantastic resource for learning about real estate investing, rental property management, financing options, market analysis, and much more. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced investor, there's always something new to discover on BP. All the best!

• Real Estate Agent Texas (#0731291)

McKee Realty Services and eXp Realty  Logo

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Private Lending & Conventional Mortgage Advice Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Apr 19 2024, 05:37

Welcome to BiggerPockets - lots of great resources here to work through!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon C.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied May 4 2024, 10:22

You should consider learning about house hacking, BRRRR (Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, and Repeat) and group home investing, I feel. That's where I am starting, at least.