Votes |
The Numbers - First 6 months as a Wholesale Company

Will Clark
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Apr 17 2020, 13:54

Investment Info:

Single-family residence wholesale investment in Nashville.

Purchase price: $1
Cash invested: $6,400
Sale price: $105,250

First 6 months - wholesale business net profit. Doing this every 6 months to keep track of my growth and using this kind of as a blog to look back on one day.
Total Income- 105,250
Expenses - 6,400
Commissions / payroll - 28,600
NET PROFIT - 70,250
Profit Margin - 67%

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

I am a college student with no money and no family wealth. I didn't know a whole lot about RE but I knew I was good at business, and this seemed like a business I could run with very little money invested.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

I prospect by cold calling and text blasting. My cold callers and Lead manager intake and qualify all the leads, and then send them to me. I serve as the acquisition manager so I negotiate all the deals.

How did you finance this deal?

I assigned (No financing needed) most of them, and two of them I double closed on, so I had to get transactional funding. My Title Company is THE BEST (Rudy Title in Nashville) and found a lender for me and I basically did none of the work.

How did you add value to the deal?

I found off-market properties that investors could use to make money on.

What was the outcome?

I enjoyed my first 6 months as a wholesaler, but I can see that it is definitely a job! Thankfully, I've done a good job systematizing and hiring, so I only work about 20 hours a week, but it is definitely not passive income.

Lessons learned? Challenges?

I've learned that finding good cold callers is really really hard. I've also learned that being in a primary or secondary market is really helpful. The deals are hard to come by but at least I have the security knowing that I can almost always sell a deal when I get one.

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

Rudy Title in Nashville, for sure. They have helped me so much on the back-end of the deals. I've met some great agents that have helped with comps and from time to time have brought me buyers. However, they aren't on BP as of now.

User Stats

Votes
Abe McLaurin
  • Realtor
  • Columbus & Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Columbus & Cleveland, OH
Replied Apr 17 2020, 20:03

Congrats on the first 6 months Will! This is awesome! 

User Stats

Votes
Will Clark
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Apr 17 2020, 22:52

@Abe McLaurin thanks brother!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Syed-Shawn Azam
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fort Myers, FL
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fort Myers, FL
Replied Jun 25 2020, 17:38

Hey Will,

Congrats on your business and moving in the right direction!! I have been investing since 23 for a few years, I have done a few flips and currently own two duplexes, one in CA and on in Nashville. I am currently looking to go full time with investing and have built a team of investors, general contractors, property managers, hard money lenders and brokers in the area that are ready to start growing. I added myself to your buyers list in your Bio but wanted to introduce myself so you know a little bit about me. If anything comes up in the near future I would love the opportunity to look over the deal and potentially bring in my team and buy assume the contract from you. Best of luck money forward and hopefully we get the chance to work together.