Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Harren
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Alexandria, MN
Votes |
13 units in 13 months

Aaron Harren
  • Alexandria, MN
Posted Oct 31 2019, 18:59

What a fun first year it has been!!! Just closed on my 5th property yesterday putting me at 13 units in 13 months. Hard to think how it was before all this fun began. I told my wife today “I wonder what I’d be doing with any of my free time if we didn’t have these rentals now” at times it’s like a 2nd full time job but most the time it’s a nice hobby. Busy busy as times as we have an almost 4 year old and 10 month old but it’s all for my family, and the future I want for my wife and I and especially our two girls. I’ve learned so much over the past year it’s crazy. I’m doing so much different then when I started. Learning more each and every week. Listening to pod cast and listening to audio books now. Every little bit I can pick up on is helping me carve my way! It’s become a part of me and I can’t seem to stop looking for properties even tho I’ve finally come to a point where I have to become way more creative with financing...... 3 of the five properties I’ve purchased were off market deals. Network network network it’s so much fun meeting people and it helps you construct who you want to be as an investor. I’ve met so many great people in so many ways (example the pest control guy who treated bed bugs in one of my properties is now waiting for me to get financing to purchase two of his duplexes off market.) now to find a creative way to pull it off. Can’t wait to see where this adventure takes me next!!!

Aaron Harren

User Stats

Votes
Danielle Wolter
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Oct 31 2019, 19:05

@Aaron Harren Congrats! That's an awesome feat. Looking for properties definitely becomes addictive. I've done the same as you (I'm not at 13 yet LOL) - listened to podcasts every chance I get, spending hours analyzing deals and networking and just learning everything I can soak up. I started in August and have one property so far, one that just got under contract, and a couple offers out there. real Estate is just so exciting!

Anyways, great job you're doing!

User Stats

Votes
Dennis M.#5 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Erie, pa
Votes |
Dennis M.#5 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Erie, pa
Replied Oct 31 2019, 19:18

Congrats man . You are killing it !set a big goal now much bigger than you first thought maybe 50 properties for next year

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Anthony Wick
  • Ankeny, IA
Votes |
  • Ankeny, IA
Replied Nov 1 2019, 12:11

@Aaron Harren . Great job! Share with the community how you have managed to pull off purchase/financing for all these properties in such a short period of time. When I ran out of personal funds, I took on two partners and formed an LLC, and then we bought two duplexes in the past 8 months. 33% of those deals was better than 100% of no deals.

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Brown
Agent
Pro Member
#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Votes |
Agent
Pro Member
#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Blue Springs
Replied Nov 4 2019, 08:20

@Aaron Harren curious as the strategy you used? Did you do BRRR?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 7 2019, 14:43

how to do that? pls share.

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Juarez
  • New to Real Estate
  • Kingsland, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Kingsland, TX
Replied Nov 22 2019, 10:59

Wow, @Aaron Harren! What an accomplishment! I would love to hear about how you financed your deals. Keep up the good work!

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Harren
  • Alexandria, MN
Votes |
  • Alexandria, MN
Replied Nov 23 2019, 05:48

@Caleb Brown I used and equity line for my down payments and found a bank willing to work with me. I didn’t necessarily Brrrr but I have had a handful of projects that will be bringing great value to the properties. In 2020 I plan on starting to do some cash out refinancing on some of the properties to either pay down the equity line or for another property!

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Harren
  • Alexandria, MN
Votes |
  • Alexandria, MN
Replied Nov 23 2019, 05:51

@Lauren Juarez I took out a HELOC on our primary and used that for my down payments. Then I found a bank willing to work with me. In 2020 I want to start doing some cash out refinancing on some of the properties to help pay down the HELOC or maybe to buy another property!

User Stats

Votes
Lauren Juarez
  • New to Real Estate
  • Kingsland, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Kingsland, TX
Replied Nov 24 2019, 15:46

@Aaron Harren, thanks for sharing!