Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Deal Analysis & Advice
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Prainito
Pro Member
  • Long Island N.Y.
Votes |
Investment in Mobile Homes

Joseph Prainito
Pro Member
  • Long Island N.Y.
Posted

Investment Info:

Mobile home buy & hold investment.

Purchase price: $22,000
Cash invested: $35,000

Currently rented. 1999 3 Bed 2 Bath Mobile Home Updated kitchen and master bath. On a cul-de-sac in a quiet mobile park. minutes to Cabarrus Arena, 15 minutes from downtown Concord and Kannapolis.

c

What made you interested in investing in this type of deal?

Low cost, surprisingly beautiful home for the money. Originally bought to relocate to.

How did you find this deal and how did you negotiate it?

On Zillow. Negotiation was done directly with the owner. A cash deposit of $10,000 was required,, then a $300 a month payment till it was paid in full.

How did you finance this deal?

I allowed the original owner to stay in the house until payment was completed and was credited the $300 every month. So technically my out of pocket was the original $10k.

How did you add value to the deal?

Cleanup, new carpeting. Some new fixtures in the bathrooms. Paint

What was the outcome?

Renting for $1300 per month with a $450 a month cashflow after expenses of Prop Mgr, lot rent($550) insurance and separate account for repairs

Lessons learned? Challenges?

Hire a property manager sooner. I paid the lot rent ($550)for 2 yrs on an empty house when I could have been collecting rent

Did you work with any real estate professionals (agents, lenders, etc.) that you'd recommend to others?

David Timberlake @ D&K Property Mgmt Concord NC 704 209-1424 dkpropmgt.com

• 631-428-5700

User Stats

Votes
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Rachel H.#2 Mobile Home Park Investing Contributor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied

@Joseph Prainito Interesting how you found this opportunity on Zillow. Congrats on your deal! 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Prainito
Pro Member
  • Long Island N.Y.
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Long Island N.Y.
Replied

Thanks but I got lucky. I love mobile homes. This was my second. Knew nothing about them before the 1st. Always thought they were so inferior to stick houses. I was so wrong. I just got a little creative with the financing. Biggest regret was waiting to long to hire a property mgr. I paid lot rent for about 3 yrs for an empty house. You're into mobile homes?

• 631-428-5700
BiggerPockets logo
PassivePockets is here!
|
BiggerPockets
Find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.